Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Track on new A320

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Flight Track on new A320

This may have been raised before, or indeed I may simply be very ignorant and what I am writing about is in fact nothing new at all, but flying LHR-GVA on Thursday, on one of the newest 320's in the fleet, my attention was drawn to the flight track on the overhead screens. Apart from being generally of a higher calibre/resolution than the older ones, and containing more detail on the maps, what struck me was that the map also appeared to identify what looked like the locations of ship wrecks dotted across the English channel (marked I think with crosses- with ship sounding names next to them). Has anyone else seen this or am I going mad?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
This seems to be quite common on the flight maps on many airlines. I guess they buy the software from the same provider.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:25 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
This may have been raised before, or indeed I may simply be very ignorant and what I am writing about is in fact nothing new at all, but flying LHR-GVA on Thursday, on one of the newest 320's in the fleet, my attention was drawn to the flight track on the overhead screens. Apart from being generally of a higher calibre/resolution than the older ones, and containing more detail on the maps, what struck me was that the map also appeared to identify what looked like the locations of ship wrecks dotted across the English channel (marked I think with crosses- with ship sounding names next to them). Has anyone else seen this or am I going mad?
That one has been around for a number of years now, it is the Rockwell Collins Airshow 2000.

It has always made we wonder, if on cruise ships they have something similar, famous aircrashes.

bjorns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.