Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAM Airlines now available for redeeming.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

TAM Airlines now available for redeeming.

TAM join Oneworld on the 31st March and despite it still being the 30th here are already available for redemption using Avios. From the searches done so far availability looks not too bad and the taxes/charges are very reasonable. Plus there doesn't seem to be any time restrictions on their domestic flights like there used to be when using DC miles.

I've flown TAM both short haul and long haul several times and always enjoyed flying with them although their long haul J seat is now looking a bit outdated.

Edited to add.....after more searching availability isn't as good as I thought.

Last edited by HIDDY; Mar 30, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:34 pm

I was unable to book TAM flights on BA tonight. Called BA and they said it will probably be another day or two before they can book them.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by HIDDY
TAM join Oneworld on the 31st March and despite it still being the 30th here are already available for redemption using Avios. From the searches done so far availability looks not too bad and the taxes/charges are very reasonable. Plus there doesn't seem to be any time restrictions on their domestic flights like there used to be when using DC miles.

I've flown TAM both short haul and long haul several times and always enjoyed flying with them although their long haul J seat is now looking a bit outdated.

Edited to add.....after more searching availability isn't as good as I thought.

Their new first is amazing though on the 777 300
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by pantanal
Their new first is amazing though on the 777 300
On which routes does the 773 with the new F fly?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
On which routes does the 773 with the new F fly?

nyc-gru
mia-gru

also gru-fra

but not all 777 have the new first class
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
CDG-GRU 120k avios and Ł98! And availability found within minutes of checking. Quite impressive.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:37 am

where are you guys searching for availability?
the searches im using are not working
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
With all the talk of US I forgot about TAM joining. Nice to have a reminder.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Availability is practically non-existent for domestic flights (from what I can see). But TAM's own program shows lots of availability, even at the lowest price tier. Exactly how it was when TAM was in Star.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Seems to be quite a disparity based on timing - random date in May Rio - Sao Paulo shows 10+ flights available for redemption, yet couldn't find a single flight in October/November. Not that you'd redeem on that route given fares, just an illustration.

They had a terrible reputation in Star for not releasing partner awards so don't expect any difference in Oneworld.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Seems to be quite a disparity based on timing - random date in May Rio - Sao Paulo shows 10+ flights available for redemption, yet couldn't find a single flight in October/November. Not that you'd redeem on that route given fares, just an illustration.

They had a terrible reputation in Star for not releasing partner awards so don't expect any difference in Oneworld.
I see domestic GRU-MAO available on the 15th October. Booking that far out wasn't an option with DC miles.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Nice to see North America - Brazil flights available for Avios + just Ł1.50 in tax. Shame about the availability in general though (haven't yet managed to find any domestic reward availability through the BA booking engine on the routes I'm interested in!)

Also nice to see that discount economy earns 50% or 75% mileage - was half-expecting it to earn 25% like LAN. Now if only the rest of BA's oneworld partners could be more generous!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, some fares don't earn at all, lowest price domestic is W, and it is not in the earning table, so I suppose 0. I just hoped I can discard children's Fidelidade accounts and credit to BAEC household, but it won't always work.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:52 am

What search/website is being used?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by drdavidge
I was unable to book TAM flights on BA tonight. Called BA and they said it will probably be another day or two before they can book them.
Still unable to book with BA online or on the phone. The agents are blaming it on the new integration but I am a little skeptical. BA's site shows the space as available. ANA shows it as "RQ". Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.