Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changing flight from 747 to 380 - LHR to JNB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold

I am booked on BA via codeshare with AA to travel from LHR to JNB on a 747. Will it be possible to request the desk at LHR to put me on the 380 instead?

I will be having checked baggage while starting my journey from LAX. I am an EXP on AA if it makes any difference.

Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Arrow

I suspect it will depend on the flexibility of your ticket.

Always worth asking, if you have a bargain basement, inflexible fare though, don't be disappointed if they say no, or charge you a hefty penny for the change
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Worth asking but unlikely if ticket not flexible. Also with checked bags, if they are checked all the way through to JNB from LAX, they aren't likely to change your flight from LHR.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Possible to request - yes. Is it likely to be granted? No.

Unless your ticket is flexible enough to allow you to switch flights, BA will most likely not move you. If your ticket is flexible, you should be able to rebook it beforehand to ensure you are on the A380.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What fare basis applies to your ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.