Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Short of CCR Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
If it's just for the CCR card, it's a close call. I'd probably TP-run that as well, but it doesn't give you any more real baubles than GGL..
CCR doesn't add a lot for me, apart from a nice shiny white card.

But I value CCR most for the shortcut to the Flounge, where I can grab a quick bite before running to the plane, it saves me 5 minutes of my time every trip and is nice to have.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I disagree I like the choice of having the CCR and generally have a much better experience there than I ever had in the Flounge now I have adjusted my seating preferences.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Diamond
So, looks like I'm going to have to do a quick TP run to Jersey to close the gap on the final 15 outstanding points!

2 questions if anyone can help (and thanks all for the replies so far! )

1. Will I earn 10 TP per sector in economy?
2. Can I land in Jersey and get right back on the returning flight (plan is to land at 8:25, and then get back on same aircraft that departs at 9?)

Cheers

M
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by monkfish
1. Will I earn 10 TP per sector in economy?
2. Can I land in Jersey and get right back on the returning flight (plan is to land at 8:25, and then get back on same aircraft that departs at 9?)
It's yes to both question (so long as you don't have checked luggage); or 20 TPs for unrestricted economy buckets Y, B and H; that service is also good for POUGs which may get you 40 TPs per leg. Which may be more than you need, but will help towards any lifetime ambitions.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by monkfish
You probably already know that you'd have to book this as two one-ways because ba.com will baulk at such a short time between flights.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
May not apply, but will mention anyway.

Two of my colleagues have been given Gold status even though they ended their years without 1,500 tier points as they flew another sector that took them to in excess of 1,500 about a week or so later.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
There is an official unoffical two-week grace period at the end of a membership year if you just miss status, but you often need to ask for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.