Transferring in Dubai from BA to QR

Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ekflyer1
I called BA Exec today just to make sure, the agent on the phone told me that they would not check by bags to the final destination as my QR flight was on a separate booking. I told him that I was flying CW from LHR to DXB and then F from DXB to DOH, and the J from DOH to DAC, all three sectors within 24 hours. He was adamant that I would have to check in again when I got to DXB.

Not the answer I was hoping for.
Class of travel is irrelevent , but BA policy ( unless recently changed ) is to check bags through on separate tickets as long as the connecting time is met and the onward carrier is a member of One World

Since QR is a member of One World , you should be ok
Old May 1, 2014, 1:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ekflyer1
I called BA Exec today just to make sure
In the ideal world you would get perfect advice from BAEC agents, but in reality they rarely fly with the airline, and even less so with other airlines; whereas this forum is stuffed full of travellers, many of who fly oneworld several times a week. If someone here got something significantly wrong then there will be other contributors giving clarifications within hours if not minutes. This isn't the way the Service Centres work. Having said that I'll shove in my usual bit in about how liberating it is to travel on hand luggage only.
Old May 1, 2014, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA,EK,SPG
CWS, thanks for the post. You would think that if the agent wasn't 100% sure he would consult with a colleague or reference manual before fobbing me off with inaccurate info. The fact that he said he was sure about his statement is the annoying part.

P.S. I am a great fan of hand baggage only trips, save a lot of time at the belts, but on this occasion I will make good use of the allowances.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:09 pm

BA has interlined my bag LHR-DFW-AUS with the LHR-DFW (BA) and DFW-AUS (AA) legs on different PNRs, with absolutely no problems. All the checkin agent wanted was my AA flight number.

DXB does not enforce boarding pass checks at transit security. I did a LH>EK transfer at DXB once (separate PNRs) and just collected my EK boarding pass at the EK lounge once I was through security.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.