UUA, multiple passengers and other FF programs

Old Mar 21, 14, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
UUA, multiple passengers and other FF programs

Okey, I've booked a London-HK flight for myself, spouse and 2 x kids on BA and with a BA flight number.

I've got loads of Avois points.

So far, I have entered my BAEC number only. Wife + kids have no frequent flyer number entered. If I was to enter a Qantas frequent flyer number for wife+kids, can I still upgrade using my Avios their seats? This would be a case of I have my BAEC number on my booking, they have a Qantas FF number on their booking; I want to upgrade them also.

Also - flights are a month off. So far UUA is showing as unavailable. Is it likely to become available and if so when. Flights are on an A380. I'm booked in PEY and want to upgrade it to J.
Old Mar 21, 14, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
So far, I have entered my BAEC number only. Wife + kids have no frequent flyer number entered. If I was to enter a Qantas frequent flyer number for wife+kids, can I still upgrade using my Avios their seats? This would be a case of I have my BAEC number on my booking, they have a Qantas FF number on their booking; I want to upgrade them also.
This should be no problem. In theory, they should earn QFFF points and status credits for the WT+ ticket as if there had been no upgrade.

In practice, though, it is possible that the same posting glitch will affect them as sometimes affects posting to BAEC - ie some or all of the flights will post as 0 / 0. This can be more difficult to fix when the points are going to QF, although it should still ultimately be possible.
Also - flights are a month off. So far UUA is showing as unavailable. Is it likely to become available and if so when.
As they say on QI: "Nobody knows."

Keep looking.
Old Mar 21, 14, 8:49 am

If you want to try tracking UuA availability, log in each day and look to see if/when seats are released by trying to do a dummy booking. Scroll back and forwards in the availability calendar and over time you may be able to build a bit of a picture as to how and when seats get released.

That said, I think looking for four seats on such a busy route could be a tall order, but you never know.
Old Mar 21, 14, 8:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It's not a problem having another OW programme membership number in their system or to credit to another OW programme including QF.

Whether it will automatically credit correctly is another matter as Globaliser has mentioned, though, and it can be a bit of a pain to have it corrected. It may take a bit of time but it eventually should be sorted.
Old Mar 21, 14, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
I've done this without issue. (SC/TPs will be allocated per original booking class)
Old Mar 21, 14, 1:59 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, 9W PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, AA PLT, BonvoyGld, LH, AI, UA, DL
Keep your boarding pass and E-TKT rcpt. While crediting to AA for my sister where an upgrade was done BOM-LHR-JFK I to Z, BOM-LHR credited but LHR JFK did not, had to chase this with AA and only once I sent in e-tickets proving this was a paid biz class upgraded, and not a mileage redemption ticket, did they agree to credit miles.

Search this Thread