Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infants in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by luckyjim
Would you need to buy this airside? Isn't baby milk exempt from the 100m rule?

I remember taking a few bottles through in a cooller bag. Airport security took them away to check. Then they put them back in the cooler bag with the ice packs which could have been filled with anything.
Am glad that I had my kids way before all this security nonsense.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:31 am

Would you need to buy this airside? Isn't baby milk exempt from the 100m rule?

I remember taking a few bottles through in a cooller bag. Airport security took them away to check. Then they put them back in the cooler bag with the ice packs which could have been filled with anything.
I think it all depends on who you get. We were fine leaving GCI, LGW and JNB, but LHR, no. They wouldn't allow it through without us opening and tasting all the (sealed) ready made packs. We only had two packs because I knew what might happen. I was getting ready to lose the plot when they started suggesting formula powder wasn't allowed but sense prevailed.

If one were cynical, you could think Boots and LHR have a little arrangement there.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:37 am

Smile

Originally Posted by DWB1873
I think it all depends on who you get. We were fine leaving GCI, LGW and JNB, but LHR, no. They wouldn't allow it through without us opening and tasting all the (sealed) ready made packs. We only had two packs because I knew what might happen. I was getting ready to lose the plot when they started suggesting formula powder wasn't allowed but sense prevailed.

If one were cynical, you could think Boots and LHR have a little arrangement there.
I see. Our bottles contained expressed breast milk. Strangely, they didn't insist on tasting that.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Petrus
Oh really? I have no idea what you mean... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...y-f-irsts.html

OP, the linked report may give you some pointers and info on BA F infant travel.
Your son is adorable.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by DWB1873

While micro-pwuk was under 1, we only gave him boiled water, there was no problem taking a couple of cups through security at MAN, LHR, FCO, BUD or TXL. They did make use taste it, and some of the ellas kitchen stuff.

When I read about all the issues about "forumla", "heating", "sterlisaiton", I really don't understand why mothers wouldn't use the two easy food supplies they have on tap. Under 6 months it's painfully easy to keep babies fed.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by paulwuk
When I read about all the issues about "forumla", "heating", "sterlisaiton", I really don't understand why mothers wouldn't use the two easy food supplies they have on tap. Under 6 months it's painfully easy to keep babies fed.

Well there are several reasons why some mothers cannot do that (no matter how hard they want to) . Top of that list is not having those "two easy food supplies" on their anatomy to begin with.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

Tell that to my mother and you will have had a rather sad look from her. She couldn't produce enough milk.

Besides, manboobs aren't good at producing milk
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:45 am

This is Flyer Talk. The site you want is Mumsnet.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Tell that to my mother and you will have had a rather sad look from her. She couldn't produce enough milk.

Besides, manboobs aren't good at producing milk
Maybe her midwife didn't make her feel guilty enough?

On a lighter note, if you ever find yourself on a flight with unallocated seating, breastfeeding while boarding is an excellent way of ensuring you have row of seats to yourself.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
This is Flyer Talk. The site you want is Mumsnet.
And when you've posted that comment on Mumsnet, please do be sure to give us the link to it - we like a good laugh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.