Anyone with experience of LHR - EZE

Old Mar 19, 14, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.

Looks like I have to go to EZE next month. I'm actually starting from MAN and the one connection in LHR seems ok. Better than two stops via MAD.

Does anyone have any experience of this route (especially if taking an Iberia plane) or how to get there in J for under 5k.

Ta muchly
Old Mar 19, 14, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
EZE is currently from £2,717 return with BA direct from LHR in Club World in April so well within your budget.
Old Mar 19, 14, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DomesticusTaxmius View Post
Looks like I have to go to EZE next month. I'm actually starting from MAN and the one connection in LHR seems ok. Better than two stops via MAD.

Does anyone have any experience of this route (especially if taking an Iberia plane) or how to get there in J for under 5k.

Ta muchly
Took this flight a couple of months ago and I understand from the crew it is usually a full flight. It is also loooooong (BA's longest non-stop?) so make sure you bag a decent seat! Would much rather be on BA than IB unless you get one of IB's new J seats
Old Mar 19, 14, 1:50 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Hiddy's report is a good read for that (it is via MAD though). I also think Hiddy just declared on another thread that he will be traveling with Iberia going forward over CW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-scotland.html

Last edited by jcm9000; Mar 19, 14 at 2:01 pm
Old Mar 19, 14, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by jcm9000 View Post
Hiddy's report is a good read for that:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-scotland.html
Yes so good not one person recommended it for this years trip report competition.

As I'm a lousy on board sleeper I personally prefer the Iberia midday service from Madrid which arrives into Baires around 8pm the same day when immigration and customs is much quieter.

If you are able to sleep on an aircraft then the BA service is obviously the way to go.
Old Mar 19, 14, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
Originally Posted by TabTraveller View Post
It is also loooooong (BA's longest non-stop?)
Yes it is BA's longest sector.

I've done it in whY with 3 little rabbits on several occasions now. And it certainly feels long...
Old Mar 19, 14, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If you want only one stop that limits you to BA (MAN-LHR-EZE).

IB's new J class is a good product but it would involve 2 stops in LHR and MAD now that Air Nostrum discontinued direct flights MAN-MAD. If considering that route, it would make sense to check out LAN as well as IB. I did EZE-MAD with LAN in 2012 and it was a good business class (lie-flat) at a decent price.
Old Mar 19, 14, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)

13 hours 45 minutes. Long!
Old Mar 19, 14, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy View Post
13 hours 45 minutes. Long!
And last nights 245 got in nearly an hour late this morning which must have made it feel even longer......shudder the thought.

MAD -EZE is only a 12 hour flight....short in comparison.
Old Mar 19, 14, 6:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I did LHR-EZE out in J a couple of years ago (back via GIG). I liked the fact it was an overnight service down. Snacked in the lounge, supper on board, movie, sleep, breakfast and landing. Best ever BA crew serving us as well.

It didn't feel long to me, but then I'm used to travelling to Australia in Y and J direct. It felt quite short actually!
Old Mar 19, 14, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Pretty sure Iberia has an offer on now for MAD-EZE that would be really worth connecting to.
Old Mar 20, 14, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
I have also done the overnight trip a few year ago, from GVA-LHR-EZE (via GRU). There service was excellent, even though we did have nearly an hour's delay...

Drinks and a snack on the inbound from GVA to LHR then some more drinks in the lounge, then a very late dinner over the Bay of Biscay and Breakfast over Brazil, before about 1.5hrs on the ground at GRU. Then a fresh crew for the short hop to EZE with a great toasted steak sandwich.

Nerver been to MAD...
Old Mar 20, 14, 3:31 am

I flew MAD-EZE last year with IB in J.

We had the old business seat on the way out, the new one on the way back. Both are lie-flat.

Strangely, the old seat is more spacious, and I felt more comfy in a squishy sort of way. Actually quite liked it for a daytime flight. The IFE is pants, though. Next time - but I think IB have now just about finished getting rid of it - I might treat myself to an ipad and take my own films.

The new business seat is nice, but choose the centre pair in the middle if a couple. I made a mess of seat choice and we ended up with two aisles. You get bumped into by the corridor traffic.

Our choice for the next flight - to PTY and MIA to MAD were the window seats - one behind the other. They are a really nice private space, especially for one. (with the PTY flight, we then found ourselves in old J - so were sitting apart. But someone kindly offered to swap seats. Again, this 340 had the second smaller cabin at the rear - didn't like being in the front row of that and the back row would be noisy near economy. So choose row nearer the front in case of getting "old" J)

To sum up:

Take Easyjet from Liverpool to MAD. Stay the night. Great daytime flight. Much better avios avialability, lower YQ - make sure you have an IB+ account for 90 days etc - and choose seat and row carefully.

And enjoy the Pedro Ximenez 30 year old sweet sherry. It is nectar!
Old Mar 20, 14, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by peterrabbit View Post
Yes it is BA's longest sector.

I've done it in whY with 3 little rabbits on several occasions now. And it certainly feels long...
Not jealous! Did it in CW with one rabbit and 3 month pregnant wife.
OP: Night flight both directions with BA. Timings work quite well with evening departure and morning arrival LHR-EZE. Get some quality sleeping pills and the trip will be a breeze.

Service depends on the crew. We had dreadful crew on the outbound and very good on the return. Feel free to search "dreadful crew"
Old Mar 20, 14, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.
Thanks everyone! Super useful as always.

Trip pushed back to early May now and the price seems to have sky-rocketed. It seems BA knows everyone wants to fly home on the Friday. :0)

Search this Thread