Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does WT with Silver/Emerald trump WT+ passenger non status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does WT with Silver/Emerald trump WT+ passenger non status?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
Originally Posted by golfmad
Wow. How many flights are we talking about people? Is it one or two or lots? Difficult to say with csutter as you might almost always book the highest cabin? With revan it sounds like it could be a lot of flights. Are you a prem in disguise or a celeb?
Not more than 20 out of LHR i would say. I'm SCH, check in a T-24, travel alone and that seems to do the job.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks all for your comments, really useful! Unfortunately this trip is LHR>BOS>JFK>LHR so no MMB/Online upgrade to WTP available. I might give them a call though and if it's reasonable I might go for it.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
Thanks csutter and andset1191! Additional question - I'll hot Silver on an upcoming LHR-BOS flight, have you ever heard of an upgrade to 'Welcome' a member to a new tier? I've been Bronze for 4 years, first time hitting Silver.
I was Op-Uped from WT-WT+ on my first flight as a silver, but I'm fairly certain that it had more to do with the fact that I was checked into a bassinet seat and the flight was not only filled with babies but completely filled with adults too.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by revan
Not more than 20 out of LHR i would say. I'm SCH, check in a T-24, travel alone and that seems to do the job.
That's astonishing. 20 long haul upgrades in a row! Keep it up...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
That's astonishing. 20 long haul upgrades in a row! Keep it up...
Well in the bigger scheme of things it's probably less than 50%, as I rarely get any luck on the flight out of Logan, and I'm yet to get anything when flying on AA status.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Wow. How many flights are we talking about people? Is it one or two or lots? Difficult to say with csutter as you might almost always book the highest cabin? With revan it sounds like it could be a lot of flights. Are you a prem in disguise or a celeb?
Glad you picked up on the good old "lies, damn lies and statistics"

To qualify that, I'm referring only to longhaul flights (most of my travel is SH) over the past year and a bit - and the "not in the highest cabin" narrows my impressive 100% down to a paltry 2 out of 2 in absolute numbers! That said, both times I was travelling with statusless family members who were upgraded with me, so still not a bad result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.