Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALlover
None of the main course looks 'English' to me. No steak, pies etc
There are pies available from the buffet, though.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
None of the main course looks 'English' to me. No steak, pies etc

Sure they can add a few cakes/puddings back on the dessert menu. All ice creams' menu look dull.
Indeed, the curry is the nearest you'll find to a British influence in the menu. The rest is dumbed down imitation of US-airport-deli style. It would be nice to have some a "dish of the day" added - maybe fishpies, fish and chips, steak and kidney pudding and game pies could then add both diversity and Britishness to the menu!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by NickB
There are pies available from the buffet, though.
So buffet selection hasn't changed? Haven't been in there lately, so not sure if all things have changed after the new year.

But it seems like it did with the menu and the dessert...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, the curry is the nearest you'll find to a British influence in the menu. The rest is dumbed down imitation of US-airport-deli style. It would be nice to have some a "dish of the day" added - maybe fishpies, fish and chips, steak and kidney pudding and game pies could then add both diversity and Britishness to the menu!
Yes, all look quite American to me. Not saying its bad, but adding 'English' or 'British' items back would be a plus for pax who might be expecting some British food before leaving or going back home. Maybe 'catch of the day' or something along that line?

I am just basing it on the menu offered.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So buffet selection hasn't changed? Haven't been in there lately, so not sure if all things have changed after the new year.

But it seems like it did with the menu and the dessert...
Don't know for sure either but I would be surprised to see pies disappearing from the menu altogether.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It would be nice to have some a "dish of the day" added - maybe fishpies, fish and chips, steak and kidney pudding and game pies could then add both diversity and Britishness to the menu!
Not sure that fish and chips would be such a good idea. I think that they would struggle to do a passable version of it but, yes, pies should be there although many pies could easily be put on the buffet rather than made to order. Steak and Kidney Pud could be on the menu, though, as an iconic British dish.
It is also surprising not to see any classical British dessert (although I must confess to not being personally a great fan of most British puds, many of which feel all too often a little too heavy/school-dinnerish to me - comfort food has its limits ).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Happy New Year, may your 2015 be as Golden as the card. This much referenced thread is being continued over to its new home:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2015-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.