BA communication tools could improve

Old Mar 18, 14, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black

Why is my mobile number used to answer surveys and never to warn me of delays?

Why do i get emails to prepare for a flight sometimes month ahead when i have one coming up next week?

Why do confirmation of changes email never include what was changed

Why dont i get an email when my seats are changed and only randomly when the flight time has changed?

Arent all these easy to fix?
Old Mar 18, 14, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Underinvestment in IT?

H
Old Mar 18, 14, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard

Last few times my flight has been cancelled, have had texts and emails pretty quickly.
Old Mar 18, 14, 8:08 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Agree with the OP. I had a flight last Thursday that was delayed but BA did not bother telling me. I only found out when I turned up at the airport. I contacted BA to ask why they didn't notify me since the delay would have resulted in me missing my connecting flight. I was told that if multiple flights are delayed (as there were that day due to fog), their system can't cope with contacting so many people. Seems like a p-poor excuse as it doesn't take a very big box to send out standard emails and texts.
Old Mar 18, 14, 8:09 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 15 at 12:43 am
Old Mar 18, 14, 8:58 am

But 'Seat request' isn't exactly informative is it? How much harder would it be to state the seat selected?
Old Mar 18, 14, 9:01 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I was surprised to receive a text and email just now to tell me to go to the c gates for my flight. Is this a new thing?
Old Mar 18, 14, 9:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chistery View Post
I was surprised to receive a text and email just now to tell me to go to the c gates for my flight. Is this a new thing?
It started in February, so it's quite new yes. Here's a screen shot example.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22320813-post30.html

I get text messages fairly consistently for delays, except for the mega chaos days, which ties in with nobbyclark's comment, but that doesn't matter so much since I'd typically know/guess about them anyway. Got one for the fog last week, for instance.
Old Mar 18, 14, 9:35 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 15 at 10:47 pm

Search this Thread