Wiki Posts
Search

More than 1 PNR at HYD?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
More than 1 PNR at HYD?

Navigating the sophisticated world of Indian bureaucracy is a talent I have yet to master.

Is it likely that I will run into any difficulities if I ask to check luggage from HYD to LHR (BA PNR), connecting immediately onward to HNL via JFK and LAX (AA PNR)? My connection time at LHR is approximately four hours. This is enough time to claim bags, switch terminals, etc. but I'd prefer to leave that to the baggage staff if at all possible.

From an earlier thread, I understand there are helpful documents to print and show…

Originally Posted by Prospero
If you encounter resistance, direct the agent to BA's published guidelines on through checking baggage with separate tickets, here...

http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/rese...age/thrucheck/

or here...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...k/public/en_us
…but I don't know if these documents will do any good in the context of the HYD check-in desk
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I wouldn't anticipate a problem. Interlining BA-AA is a standard procedure and you'll be dealing with the BA desk at HYD, one of the newest and most efficient airports in South Asia. Hardly the same as dealing with an obscure branch of an antique civil service.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I appreciate the optimism, and while it's not a big deal I do hope I'll be permitted to check my bags through. I guess I'm just being overly cautious, based on my own time spent living and working in India a number of years ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.