Recent demotion to Bronze musings and observations

Old Mar 18, 14, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue (fall from the relative grace of silver)
Recent demotion to Bronze musings and observations

Due to a couple of LH's being postponed I have recently started my new membership year as Bronze. As at Jan 1st this year I had 10 confirmed returns in my BA.Com account which will get me to within a JER TP run of Silver within 7 months.
So, this weekend just gone I was flying ET LHR-FCO and CE FCO-LHR. Here is what I found life like as a recently returned Bronze with a Marco Polo Gold card to tide me over. At bag drop the lady told me I didn't need to change my FF number to the Cathay one to gain lounge access, just flash the card at the entrance and all would be fine. I then scanned my boarding pass at Fast Track security and through I was (My BA Silver card expired end of Feb). I am pretty sure Bronze does not allow fast track security. Does anyone know how I got through as nothing on my BA account denotes I am on the Cathay program? My OH is a Blue and also scanned her BP and got the green light!
At GC S I flashed my Marco Polo card and entrance with OH as my guest confirmed and enjoyed 3 or 4 bacons rolls.
On board with 20 minutes to landing the pursar with ipad was chatting to the folks in front of me and then unexpectedly turned to me and said it was my turn. He then welcomed and thanked me for flying BA and said he had noticed my recent and upcoming flight activity. Nice touch. Does this happen often to recently demoted to Bronzers? The return in CE was a regulation flight with no special welcome (as expected I may add!)
Old Mar 18, 14, 3:41 am

Why do you assume the fast track security scanners actually know whether someone is entitled to fast track based on the barcode on the BP?
Old Mar 18, 14, 3:47 am
Original Poster

I would've thought the BP would have details of whether I was entitled to use Fast Track otherwise anyone could use it and it therefore should not be touted as a benefit for elites only
Old Mar 18, 14, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
With regards to the purser thanking you for your upcoming flight activity this happened to me when I was most of the way through Silver - and much to the bemusement of my fellow Gold and GGL companions who got absolutely nothing by means of a mention.. It was funny, but graciously received on my part and certainly was nice to know that someone had taken the time to sift through the data and work out whose status is likely to change soon if they give just that little bit of extra encouragement.
Old Mar 18, 14, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steviestainz View Post
With regards to the purser thanking you for your upcoming flight activity this happened to me when I was most of the way through Silver - and much to the bemusement of my fellow Gold and GGL companions who got absolutely nothing by means of a mention.. It was funny, but graciously received on my part and certainly was nice to know that someone had taken the time to sift through the data and work out whose status is likely to change soon if they give just that little bit of extra encouragement.
Ah, I always knew I wasn't that special
Old Mar 18, 14, 5:10 am

I recently went through the Fast Track scanners with Mr W (blue status) as my guest.

I wondered at the time whether the machines have some clever way of linking our statuses together, or whether they actually don't care and let anyone through.
Old Mar 18, 14, 5:42 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
In T1, the automated BP scanners in the fast-track lane don't recognise the VS BPs with 'gold card' number in them - so you have to call over a security person to check your gold card and then let you through.

Search this Thread