Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB "bid for upgrade" - J or Y TPs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
IB "bid for upgrade" - J or Y TPs?

Hello, I did a search and found a thread on 'bid for upgrades coming to IAG', but the thread seemed to be very much geared towards whether BA was likely to swap POUG for bids in the near future so I thought it would be better to start a different one as I imagine it may be of interest to an increasing number on this board.

I'm flying IB long haul, outbound in Y, return in J. On the outbound, I am given the possibility to bid for an upgrade (from €400-600 for info) but I cannot find any information on Iberia's website, FT, or even google of whether a ticket changed from Y to J as a result of a successful upgrade bid gives Y or J TPs and Avios. Could anyone be kind enough to confirm either way if they have experienced it? Many thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
POUGs on IB only earn Y TPs. Not sure about bid upgrades but imagine it would be the same.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:04 pm

FYI there is an Iberia forum.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
FYI there is an Iberia forum.
I know, and I looked too (without answer), so as my query is specifically about BAEC TPs I thought that BA FTers would be both more likely to know and more interested in the answer than IB+ ones as the two programmes remain separate.

Thanks for the info on POUG, sadly it is likely to be the same indeed...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks for the info on POUG, sadly it is likely to be the same indeed...
Not quite, T&Cs for OLCI clearly states that you won't get lounge access etc.
T&Cs for the auctioned upgrade is very vague only mentions that you will get lounge access but not a word about anything else.

T&Cs:lounge access included
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21242503-post2.html

OLCI
T&Cs:fast track, lounge access, business check-in, additional luggage
and Avios is exluded.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21032894-post9.html
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Not quite, T&Cs for OLCI clearly states that you won't get lounge access etc.
T&Cs for the auctioned upgrade is very vague only mentions that you will get lounge access but not a word about anything else.

T&Cs:lounge access included
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21242503-post2.html

OLCI
T&Cs:fast track, lounge access, business check-in, additional luggage
and Avios is exluded.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21032894-post9.html
Many thanks - that's very useful as indeed the discrepancy in terms of lounge access (I found on IB that the upgrade bid also gives you the J luggage allowance for instance) is interesting/surprising. I'll try and ask EC and report any answer although my guess is that they won't have a clue!! Thanks again!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
You get all the J perks (lounge, fast track, differentiated check-in...) but you get Y tier points.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JuanRos
You get all the J perks (lounge, fast track, differentiated check-in...) but you get Y tier points.
That's a shame - many thanks for confirming though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.