TPA-LGW menu

Old Mar 17, 14, 11:39 am
Original Poster

TPA-LGW menu

flying next Monday from Tampa in CW, Departure is 2100h. would anyone know the menu...I ma very tempted to eat earlier off airport, but being a weak person know the temptation will be there to have (another) dinner on board................

I presume drinks and food are all done in one -as early as possible -run ?
Old Mar 17, 14, 11:50 am

Programs: my wings are gold
we ate in Carrabbas in the airport -much nicer than the offering in CW
we decided that a meal served at 22.30 (02.30 uk time ) was not a great idea

drinks were served first -orders for meal taken -and food arrived around 75-90 mins after take off
Old Mar 17, 14, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

that was my thinking.......however I know if someone offers me something half decent I may be tempted.

there are some good restaurant in the nearby International Mall
Old Mar 17, 14, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Bear in mind that the 9pm departure is just a freak for a couple of weeks as the US has gone onto summer time before the UK.

I recall eating on a late flight out of MIA (maybe 10pm??) and the service didn't seem rushed - just the usual, which given an 8hrs 30 mins flight time or whatever does take its toll on sleep...
Old Mar 17, 14, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Ryanair Scratchcard
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
I recall eating on a late flight out of MIA (maybe 10pm??) and the service didn't seem rushed - just the usual, which given an 8hrs 30 mins flight time or whatever does take its toll on sleep...
Me too... I decided to go for dinner on the 10:35pm departure recently and the service was at quite a leisurely pace. In the end I finished dessert around 1am (i.e. 6am UK time).

The flight might be a bit longer than say JFK, but if you don't want skullcrushing jetlag I'd have dinner at the airport and get some shuteye as soon as the plane is in the air.
Old Mar 17, 14, 7:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's such a short flight that if you want to get your head down I'd definitely eat somewhere beforehand. I'm not a huge fan of eating at the airport but there's an abundance of great options 5 minutes away.

Options for a hearty meal include the Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang or Maggiano's if you like Italian.

Then for me it's up and into the air and straight to sleep.
Old Mar 18, 14, 6:05 am
Original Poster

eaten at CCF and Maggianos before and agree both are excellent...............Changs is as good a Chinese as we get here, I usually get the take out bags from the local supermarket

in fact im darn sure in Maggianos with some pasta dishes they give you a second didh free to take out..............handy midnight snack !!!

Search this Thread