Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Openskies business class v. ClubWorld?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE

Hi all, was wondering if any of you road warriors here could comment on openskies' business class (specifically, EWR-ORY) compares to ClubWorld on BA? I've flown upper deck, club world (business) JFK-LHR and really loved it, and I'm wondering how openskies' business class compares.

The other option would be AA's angled lie flat, business class.

I'm taking a business trip to Paris from NYC; company is paying for the ticket so I'm really just looking for the best overall experience. THanks!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Gulf Air Silver, Aegean Gold, M&M FQTV, Air Malta Diamond
Haven't yet flown it, but have heard from associates that the service /food is better than CW.

The seat is the first generation CW, so a proper flat bed.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Another option would be AA from LHR rather than CDG and then you'd get AA's lie flat 777 product. AA would involve a change of terminal at LHR, whereas using BA will be within T5.

Out of the BA options I suspect the seating will be better in Club World, as the product used on OpenSkies is the same as BA use in their 767.

I've heard mixed reports of their service. But both products are lie flat, so it depends also if a direct flight is considered convenient to you.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'd choose EC without hesitation to have the direct flight. Seats are first generation CW (so fully flat but feeling a bit dated compared to the new ones) but service and food are a clear cut above BA CW and direct flights are far less tiresome. If you are not hooked on OW, DL direct flights (which should now be with the fully flat J on the route) would also be an alternative and have better seats than both BA and EC and food better than BA and AA.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold

I flew openskies Newark to Orly last week in biz bed - it was a night flight so I had dinner in the lounge. The breakfast was good, and I slept well - however the plane felt old - seats scraped with bits falling off, it wasn't very clean and because of this it didn't feel 'premium'. My outbound was in Iberia's new business class from Madrid to Chicago - really good - better than Club World and Openskies. It felt more private, everything new and the food great.

I would fly openskies for a direct route - but wouldn't go out of my way to use them again.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
If the two options are EC or AA from Paris, this is a no-brainer. Take EC. The seats are not as good as the UD of a 747, but it is a nice small cabin.
The only problem as it departs from ORY is if the plane goes tech (some days there is only one flight). They will probably reroute you via LHR.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'd choose EC without hesitation to have the direct flight. Seats are first generation CW (so fully flat but feeling a bit dated compared to the new ones) but service and food are a clear cut above BA CW and direct flights are far less tiresome. If you are not hooked on OW,
DL direct flights (which should now be with the fully flat J on the route) would also be an alternative and
have better seats than both BA and EC and food better than BA and AA.
Comments like that can easily provoke an aggressive, violent response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.