I have been ScareTeamed!!!

Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
I have been ScareTeamed!!!

Started the new job yesterday after moving back to the UK and being here 4 weeks. For three months its in and out every week to Moscow in Y (what is y, y would i want to do this, y oh y) before moving back there on a permanent basis. I must be insane.

Not that bad i thought as they think a trade off is they fly you work hours... And those 35 points add up, especially with a few upgrades..

But.... When I said put me on the 08:30 flight, i was told, there is no 08:30 flight, the only one is at 13:00. Company policy is Aeroflot!!!

Thats a definite drop from G to S in July, although I will maintain G in scare team and reactivate the Aeroflot miles, which i was going to do with one internal flight this year anyway.

However, even with my own BA flights and holidays, I am going to be hard pushed to get G anymore, though S is easy enough to keep with an US J (LAS & MIA) and Asia J each year unless I consider flying DME-LHR LCY-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-MIA and then going back the same way, which I think would earn a lot of negative brownie points with Ms BTC..

Im trying to find a way to justify extra flights to maintain G, and shock horror, I cant. I am not in and out of T5 constantly like a lot of folks here, I do not earn status the hard way with regular painful ET flights and need the lounge, All I have is semi regular LHR-MOW flights and a couple of holls a year when I me and Ms BTC fly paid F or J, so we get the extras.

So bye bye BA-G it seems
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
So bye bye BA-G it seems
I'm sure it'll just be temporary, and in any case, hard as it is to see from within this walled garden (or lunatic asylum ) there are much bigger things to worry about and enjoy in life beyond airline status.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:16 am

Dont be too disheartened with Aeroflot, they are not the company of old. I'm sure others will disagree but I thought their Y service from SVO-LHR was amongst the best I've had. I found their long haul product pretty mixed, the newer Airbus was a joy, but the old Boeing 777 had aisle TV's!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
OT. Aylesbury, interestingly just up the road from there!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
So you moved back to the UK from moscow? then started a new job which will move you back to moscow?

Is that right?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Company policy is Aeroflot!!!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:26 am

Xxxxx

Last edited by Poxball; Mar 13, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: GGLfL
Does Company know how cheap the BA tickets, in either direction, are if you book over a Saturday night? So, if LHR-DME-LHR (Mon-Fri) costs Ł1000, then DME-LHR-DME (Fri-Mon) costs around Ł250.

SU is ok.

UN is the one to beware as you can find yourself on a codeshare on Easyjet.

As for keeping up the TPs, do a few J trips DME-MAD for a healthy 280TPs per trip (on direct S7/IB flights) or 360 TPs on BA via LHR (and a surprisingly cheap fare of under Ł800).
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:13 am

Thats not great news.

I know they've improved massively but they're one of the few airlines I would seriously consider refusing to fly on
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olybeast
So you moved back to the UK from moscow? then started a new job which will move you back to moscow?

Is that right?
Errrr yes... Plan was me come back get job here n Ms BTC follow three months after starting job as needed to show regular income above a certain level before she could even apply.. But after 5 weeks, the best and most interesting job offer that gave me something to really get my teeth into and enjoy meant going back.

This after shipping all stuff back!

Not clever when you look at it in the way Olybeast puts it, but the company were looking for someone in the UK and I was only approached when I came back, so would not have been identified as a potential candidate if I had not come back.

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Does Company know how cheap the BA tickets, in either direction, are if you book over a Saturday night? So, if LHR-DME-LHR (Mon-Fri) costs Ł1000, then DME-LHR-DME (Fri-Mon) costs around Ł250.

SU is ok.

As for keeping up the TPs, do a few J trips DME-MAD for a healthy 280TPs per trip (on direct S7/IB flights) or 360 TPs on BA via LHR (and a surprisingly cheap fare of under Ł800).
Actually yes. Today was told that they would fly me BA if I were spending two weeks at a time here and if I paid weekend hotel, or in my case stayed with Ms BTC, so its not as tough to keep G as i thought, however I will need to mix n match but that's ok by me

Plus interestingly, I will need to go to MAD a few times a year as well as other S7 destinations

As to SU Y. I have to say from my SVO-WAR & SVO-LCA flights its better than BA Y and i was just being a Tier Point Tart!

BTW its easy to not get Easyjet, fly from VKO and all UN flights are UN operated, fly DME and as long as you go to LHR you are on UN metal. Ms BTC is UN. Crew out of VKO and DME and I only flew them once when I slept in and missed my BA flight... and met her and a plane load of very drunk dundee supporters.

There again all this said, I will still need a little bit of creativity on personal trips to keep G, but as Ms BTC went to Uni in NY and has friends there, I can swing an NYC stopover when we go west coast and going via LCY and AA 1st should just about do it.

So it seems I'm only partially ScareTeamed and can continue being a Tier Point Tart
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:14 pm

As you mentioned you only travel in paid f or j or leisure why do you care if you have gold status or not? Pretty much all the perks it offers are included in premium travel and silver will add in the odd extra like seat selection

Quote:

Is that right?

Errrr yes... Plan was me come back get job here n Ms BTC follow three months after starting job as needed to show regular income above a certain level before she could even apply.. But after 5 weeks, the best and most interesting job offer that gave me something to really get my teeth into and enjoy meant going back.

This after shipping all stuff back!

Not clever when you look at it in the way Olybeast puts it, but the company were looking for someone in the UK and I was only approached when I came back, so would not have been identified as a potential candidate if I had not come back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSimonR

Does Company know how cheap the BA tickets, in either direction, are if you book over a Saturday night? So, if LHR-DME-LHR (Mon-Fri) costs £1000, then DME-LHR-DME (Fri-Mon) costs around £250.

SU is ok.

As for keeping up the TPs, do a few J trips DME-MAD for a healthy 280TPs per trip (on direct S7/IB flights) or 360 TPs on BA via LHR (and a surprisingly cheap fare of under £800).

Actually yes. Today was told that they would fly me BA if I were spending two weeks at a time here and if I paid weekend hotel, or in my case stayed with Ms BTC, so its not as tough to keep G as i thought, however I will need to mix n match but that's ok by me

Plus interestingly, I will need to go to MAD a few times a year as well as other S7 destinations

As to SU Y. I have to say from my SVO-WAR & SVO-LCA flights its better than BA Y and i was just being a Tier Point Tart!

BTW its easy to not get Easyjet, fly from VKO and all UN flights are UN operated, fly DME and as long as you go to LHR you are on UN metal. Ms BTC is UN. Crew out of VKO and DME and I only flew them once when I slept in and missed my BA flight... and met her and a plane load of very drunk dundee supporters.

There again all this said, I will still need a little bit of creativity on personal trips to keep G, but as Ms BTC went to Uni in NY and has friends there, I can swing an NYC stopover when we go west coast and going via LCY and AA 1st should just about do it.

So it seems I'm only partially ScareTeamed and can continue being a Tier Point Tart
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by londonclubguy
As you mentioned you only travel in paid f or j or leisure why do you care if you have gold status or not? Pretty much all the perks it offers are included in premium travel and silver will add in the odd extra like seat selection
The post was sorta meant to be a bit ironic, but your comment did make me think that my attachment to G is a bit DYKWIA . Ms BTC is much more relaxed about the whole thing and does not get hung up on the nuances of seat selection etc and often says, why is it important to get this seat etc and regularly points out that all I ever do on a plane is sleep drink water, eat hardy anything and read or watch my iPad, so as long as the seat goes flat and the pad is charged there is no problem. She is the one who loves the lounges and extra service and she is happy with what BA and OW airlines provide.

So yeah your right, as is Ms BTC, but don't tell her
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold

Is that right?
That is not an uncommon pattern, though Mr. BTC seems to have done it much more rapidly than is the norm...

As others have noted, the UN/EZ split is easy to manage, as the airports are different in both London and Moscow. EZ is not all that bad--the flight at least departs Moscow quite late in the day (haven't needed to try the other direction). UN is also quite tolerable; the 1830 departure from LHR-VKO far beats the overnight on BA or SU, and the trip in from VKO quite quick at that time of day (and both EZ and UN can have quite attractively priced one-ways, if one needs to mix & match). I concur that SU in Y is not much different than BA; my only complaint is that I seem to have a high probability of getting a middle seat on SU, whereas as a EC G even in Y I can usually get a seat in the exit row on the 767.

Last edited by chalf; Mar 15, 2014 at 9:56 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.