Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electronic Tag on BA Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Electronic Tag on BA Flight

A friend (on release from prison) is electronically tagged. He needs to go from Stockport to West Drayton and obviously return on the same day.
Will BA let him fly from MAN to LHR as this would be ideal for him?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Well they're trialling electronic bag tags so I don't see why not

Seriously, I think your friend will need to call either BA or his probabtion service (possibly both) to answer this.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:12 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Not sure tags come with a flight-mode option
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Might have some difficulty with airport security due to being unable to divest the tag, and presumably the tag won't be able to communicate from FL340...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by hammythehammer
A friend (on release from prison) is electronically tagged. He needs to go from Stockport to West Drayton and obviously return on the same day.
Will BA let him fly from MAN to LHR as this would be ideal for him?
I'm not sure about the BA part at the moment but does he have prior permission for this journey as tagging normally comes with a long list of pre-set conditions etc.

See this link regarding a prisoner who was tagged and initially managed to beat the system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14705328

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.