Elemis T 5B

Old Mar 7, 14, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Elemis T 5B

Ok - didn't know about the Elemis spa at T5 B - taking the far better half to NYC for a long weekend. We started with a leisurely breakfast at GF, then ambled over to the T5B lounge for a final coffee before boarding. On arrival, better half sees Elemis, finds out its free and if we had arrived earlier could have had some apparently much needed treatments. We've now boarded and for the next 8 hours my ears will be burning ..if your day goes wrong a bit, console yourself with " at least I'm not TheBigRat ...":redface:. <sigh> .....
Old Mar 7, 14, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, s/he has every right to beat you up, you clearly are unusual here in not spending enough time on Flyertalk! The Stickies make it easy to find this sort of stuff:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

[To make you feel better, even a long stay in T5A or T5B will not guarantee you a treatment, so it may not have worked]. Enjoy the Big Apple.
Old Mar 7, 14, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum
I normally arrive 2 to 3 hours before my flights as I'm several hours from LHR, but I never get more than the massage chair offered, and often nothing at all. Seems like you either need to be traveling F and prebook or arrive very, very early!
Old Mar 7, 14, 6:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by stevea1234 View Post
I normally arrive 2 to 3 hours before my flights as I'm several hours from LHR, but I never get more than the massage chair offered, and often nothing at all. Seems like you either need to be traveling F and prebook or arrive very, very early!
It's somewhat pot-luck, but arriving just after 7am, T-3hrs, the other Saturday I was offered a choice of treatments, so it always pays to ask.

If they're full at main T5, and you're departing from B or C, you can ask the spa desk to check if they have vacancies at the B lounge.
Old Mar 7, 14, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Teece View Post
It's somewhat pot-luck, but arriving just after 7am, T-3hrs, the other Saturday I was offered a choice of treatments, so it always pays to ask.

If they're full at main T5, and you're departing from B or C, you can ask the spa desk to check if they have vacancies at the B lounge.
Yes If they're full at the Elemis SpA in the main T5 building, the receptionist will ask if you're departing from a 'B' gate and is so will check availability over there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: