Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable Hold Times -- How can BA Justify It?

Unbelievable Hold Times -- How can BA Justify It?

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:33 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I had reasons to call BA about 4 times in the last week to change a reservation and they were very good. Don't think I waited more that 10 minutes to speak to someone each time and they were all very helpful and resolved the problem ^
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
I had reasons to call BA about 4 times in the last week to change a reservation and they were very good. Don't think I waited more that 10 minutes to speak to someone each time and they were all very helpful and resolved the problem ^
There has been a marked improvement as of late. However I can't imagine calling 10 minutes hold time "very good". If it weren't for their history of being so much worse I would expect to see people complaining about waiting 10 minutes and calling it a pretty poor performance. Obviously there will be times when there are major disruptions and waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes would be expected but under normal conditions there's no real reason to have to wait for so long for service.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
There has been a marked improvement as of late. However I can't imagine calling 10 minutes hold time "very good". If it weren't for their history of being so much worse I would expect to see people complaining about waiting 10 minutes and calling it a pretty poor performance. Obviously there will be times when there are major disruptions and waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes would be expected but under normal conditions there's no real reason to have to wait for so long for service.
I would've gladly taken a 10 minute hold yesterday. I'm guessing the higher you are tier-wise the better the hold times?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Entry-level in every scheme :-)
I was on hold for less than a minute when I called yesterday morning and I'm a lowly blue. They probably prioritise based on which option you select, too (I was changing a booking).
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:52 pm

The line is just giving me a busy signal and disconnecting me. I'm trying to book a multi-city Avios, which I would love to do online, but I can't. Sigh.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:55 pm

Just as an aside, I have spoken to Virgin Media 4 times today and each time the laughable message said, Our agents are very busy, you will be held for approximately 1 Minute!!

HSBC however made me wait 25 minutes!

10 Minutes for BA is excellent. But Virgin shows big companies can and should have quick answering call centres.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Silver member, on hold for 33 minutes so far. Still on hold....
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by belky
Silver member, on hold for 33 minutes so far. Still on hold....
It took me 1hr 20mins today to get through (Bronze), only to be told i'd need to contact my travel agent argh - who also happens to be shut on sundays - double doh.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Is it rocket science for companies to make use of call-back facilities? If you're the next person in the queue, an agent picks up your call. If you chose to be called back, the system dials your number and connects you. So people can go about their activities without being stressed about waiting times and using minutes on their phone tariff. Unless that's just far too sensible for BA et al...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've heard that customers have commented on how nice the hold music is so BA have made an enhancement to increase hold times for our benefit
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by techie
Is it rocket science for companies to make use of call-back facilities? If you're the next person in the queue, an agent picks up your call. If you chose to be called back, the system dials your number and connects you. So people can go about their activities without being stressed about waiting times and using minutes on their phone tariff. Unless that's just far too sensible for BA et al...
Callbacks are great, I would have appreciated even some kind of visibility on how long the call wait is (you are number 744 in the queue / average wait time).

On the plus side, atleast BA doesn't say "i'm sorry we're experiencing higher call volumes than normal". That one really winds me up it and all i hear is "i'm sorry, we don't care about your enquiry, we have prioritised profits over service"
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
GGL line, 18 minutes, the other day - poor, in my opinion!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.