Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable Hold Times -- How can BA Justify It?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 12:29 pm

20 minutes and counting to get through to someone, anyone, to book an AS ticket with avios. Three years ago BA said they were "working on" a way if being able to book reward flights on AS online. Three years ago! How difficult can it be?
Old May 15, 2014, 12:37 pm

I'm on hold now for BAEC blue line and apparently the wait time is in excess of one hour. Which call centre manager allows the queue to get that long? The manager himself should be logging on and taking calls, diverting to overflow, etc.

I called at 19.07. I'll hold until I'm answered or until my Skype credit runs out. Whichever happens first. They close at 20.00 so the wait time of over an hour at 19.07 is unacceptable. They should not allow any more to get through if there is no realistic chance of them being answered before closing.

I'm just hoping that a lot of people drop out of the queue and I move up quickly.
Old May 15, 2014, 12:42 pm

Are you a UK member as if you are best to call US Blue Num on Skype num it free 1 800 452 1201
Old May 15, 2014, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know another phone number to call BA to book with avios for US members? It is close to 5 days that they either do not answer or hang up on you. How could this be happening?

5 days ago I reached someone after almost 3 hrs on hold and the lady booked the wrong date, now reaching them seems impossible and the other numbers I called say they can not help me bcs I am a US based members.
Old May 15, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; IHG
I've had mixed experiences. Although it always seems like I have much longer waits if I'm chasing up avios or ringing up to complain about something. A number of times I've had the recorded message followed by being cut of for up to a dozen times before waiting on hold for up to an hour before getting through to someone. My phone signal at home is pretty pants so frustratingly I can be on hols for ages and then signal drops and I'm back to square one, this often results in something (usually a pen or pad of paper) being flung across the room in a temper tantrum more fitting of a five year old. However the one time I needed to get through to someone in a hurry because of a cancelled flight due to the ATC failure back in December; I was connected in about 15 min which I thought was rather good considering the issues that day and the lady I spoke to was super helpful. When BA called me whilst abroad recently when I had huge issues with a hotel I was staying in booked through BA, they were fantastic and gave me a direct number to call 24/7 if problems persisted. When I needed to call this number it was answered straight away by someone who either knew personally about the issues I was having or must have had access to rather detailed notes.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
British Soviet Airways?

"We are experiencing extremely high call volumes. At present the wait time ... is over an hour"

800 452 1201 BAEC Line

Even for REVENUE reservations. Wow.

And their lame website does not allow multi-city*, or open jaw* reservations, so you have to call. And pay for the privilege.

Is this a business or a joke?

(* for Award and UuA. But when you are paying $2.5K in "fuel surcharges" I consider that a paid ticket).

Last edited by rj123456; May 15, 2014 at 6:23 pm Reason: Corrected factual error
Old May 15, 2014, 4:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rj123456
And their lame website does not allow multi-city, or open jaw reservations, so you have to call. And pay for the privilege.
ba.com does allow open jaw and multi-city reservations?
Old May 15, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Try calling Expedia if you're not trying to use Avios. You won't have so much control of your reservation on ba.com but they're much quicker and can also resolve post-booking queries far faster than if you need to call BA again after you've booked..
Old May 15, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Sinnystar74
20 minutes and counting to get through to someone, anyone, to book an AS ticket with avios. Three years ago BA said they were "working on" a way if being able to book reward flights on AS online. Three years ago! How difficult can it be?
Did you ever get through? I'm trying to book an AS ticket as well, but I'm starting to feel it's not worth it with over an hour expected wait time.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:58 pm

"We are experiencing extremely high call volumes. At present the wait time ... is over an hour"

800 452 1201 BAEC Line
Not sure if this helps, but you may want to give it a try.

I have been trying to call BA from Canada (same 800 number as USA) on and off for over a week now to inquire about Aer Lingus availability with Avios. Similar result to what others have posted, busy signal or long wait times on hold.

This morning I tried calling the UK number, 011 44 191 490 7901 from Canada. Waited on hold for about 5 minutes. Call was answered by a friendly enough lady who sounded like she knew what she was talking about. She checked the availability and when I asked her if she could book a ticket for me even though my BA EC account had a Canadian address she told me that BA had CLOSED their North American call centre. And that all calls were being routed to their call centre in Newcastle (the one in England).

She also advised that the Newcastle call centre was now open 24 hours (to accept calls from North America and other parts of the World I expect), and that the taxes and fees would be charged in the currency of the account.

No idea how accurate this is, but she sounded convincing.

Cost me a few cents for the long distance phone call, but well worth it to get through in a reasonably timely manner.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Even for REVENUE reservations. Wow.
Surely as FF we should be happy that a problem covers both revenue and redemption, rather than the usual company advantageous situation where a company only has call volume problems in customer services.

And their lame website does not allow multi-city, or open jaw reservations, so you have to call. And pay for the privilege.
Nonsense. I've done plenty of multi-city and open jaw reservations on BA.com.

Room for improvement yes, but far worse airline websites out there.

Is this a business or a joke?
Please could a mod change the thread title on the remaining redirect. I think the British Airways section is above this: "British Soviet Airways?"
Old May 16, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold

I phoned up yesterday but the auto voice lady said wait time of 30 mins so I gave up when she said it. About 6pm it was. I was going to give them 35000£ for a couple of first class RTWs. Bad luck BA
Old May 16, 2014, 10:48 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by olybeast
I phoned up yesterday but the auto voice lady said wait time of 30 mins so I gave up when she said it. About 6pm it was. I was going to give them 35000£ for a couple of first class RTWs. Bad luck BA

Olybeast,

Have you tried to contact them again today!

I contacted BA Amsterdam office, took about 5 minutes.
They are also open on Saturdays from 09.00-14.00

Last edited by dutch_122; May 16, 2014 at 12:50 pm Reason: info removed
Old May 16, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Tried again to use Avios for an award booking on AS, been on hold over eighty minutes today, and still no answer. I would have hung up, but I'm doing laundry anyways.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I tried calling 4 times today, 3 times it just they were extremely busy and then the call disconnected. 4th time, After 20 minutes, was through to someone but it needed to be the "existing booking team". I asked about the wait time was told there were 17 people in the queue, 45 minutes later, the call went dead.. nobody called back as the first agent had my details and this is on the back on another failed promise to return my call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.