Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale just ended?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Sale just ended?

Have been checking flights SIN-LHR for some time for a weekend in May (brother's wedding). Have been c£650 in WT for some weeks, now shot up to £900 between this morning and now.

Obviously I'm kicking myself, but wondered if anyone had any light to shed on why, or if they may revert back to previous price?

Ta!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
What fare class then and now? Perhaps fare bucket availability has changed.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Panda4
Have been checking flights SIN-LHR for some time for a weekend in May (brother's wedding). Have been c£650 in WT for some weeks, now shot up to £900 between this morning and now.

Obviously I'm kicking myself, but wondered if anyone had any light to shed on why, or if they may revert back to previous price?
Do you mean LHR-SIN-LHR?

Have you looked at other dates around your travel dates to see whether you can get lower fares? ba.com now handily provides a quick way of changing dates across an entire week, and even gives you a preview of the prices.

If you focus narrowly on your specific travel dates, and don't look more broadly, it's impossible for you to work out whether the reason for the change is the withdrawal of a fare or because availability has run out in a particular booking class.

A quick and dirty search on ITA across the whole month of May shows me lots of days when I can still get a LHR-SIN-LHR for £637-ish.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Panda4

Ta!
Sale did indeed end yesterday for Ex-Sin flights I'm afraid - as others have suggested try playing around with dates etc.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Sale did indeed end yesterday for Ex-Sin flights I'm afraid ...
If it really is SIN-LHR-SIN, then the sale fares that were "ticket by 5 March" have in effect been re-filed now (with a tiny increase of SGD 2).

Another quick and dirty ITA shows lots of dates for SGD 1327.30 (about £625).
SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 06MAR14 AND ON/BEFORE 16MAR14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.