Club Kitchen

Old Mar 5, 14, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: LF BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB
Club Kitchen

From now on I will take sandwiches/biscuits from the lounge, if available, and bring on board. It is happening too often lately, especially on day time flights, that the Club kitchen is zeroed out and when feeling hungry nothing except bags of nuts are available. Coming back from ICN on a busy flight last Sunday there was nothing available within 3 hours of the flight being in the air. Take note, bring food on board.
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:41 am

On scores of LH flights east and west over 2 decades I have never taken anything from the CW kitchen other than water.
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Poxball View Post
On scores of LH flights east and west over 2 decades I have never taken anything from the CW kitchen other than water.
Wish there were more like you then.
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:49 am

Young Pox swears the chocolate selection in Y is better though (or possibly more plentiful)!
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:50 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
On several recent DME flights there was no club kitchen setup AT ALL. Lazy crew I guess - got some Avios compensation.

I know its a first world problem but I was pretty hungry and looking for some snacks for the loooooong drive to the city due to the usual Moscow traffic problems.
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Did you speak to the crew to see if everything had gone or if they hadnt put everything out ?

cs
Old Mar 5, 14, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Did you speak to the crew to see if everything had gone or if they hadnt put everything out ?

cs
Yes I did, hence they offered me the only thing they had left, the nuts handed out at the start.
Old Mar 5, 14, 7:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
No issues with the CK either way to BOM last month...
Old Mar 5, 14, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post

cs
It seems that the shorter routes dont seem to have much at all.

London - Montreal had very very little
Old Mar 5, 14, 7:14 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
From now on I will take sandwiches/biscuits from the lounge, if available, and bring on board. It is happening too often lately, especially on day time flights, that the Club kitchen is zeroed out and when feeling hungry nothing except bags of nuts are available. Coming back from ICN on a busy flight last Sunday there was nothing available within 3 hours of the flight being in the air. Take note, bring food on board.
I fully agree, do not rely on the Club Kitchen, availability of food is not consistent. BYO.
Old Mar 5, 14, 7:25 am
SRG

Programs: KM Flypass, Qatar, Emirates
On my flight back from Vancouver, girlfriend was peckish so headed downstairs to the kitchen. She came back with what she thought was a choc ice, but a CC member spotted it and stopped her just in time - it was a freezer bag
Old Mar 5, 14, 8:09 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Is the Club Kitchen available to F passengers or do they have their own one. I've only ever heard of the Club one mentioned.
Old Mar 5, 14, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by yokozuma View Post
Is the Club Kitchen available to F passengers or do they have their own one. I've only ever heard of the Club one mentioned.
In F you can have anything from the menu at any time, so no need for a larder. If it's still available you can enjoy it. They will also raid the J menu if you want or ask for something that is there but not in F. Once Mrs Greenpen and I had one F omelette and one J omelette as there was only the single F one left. By the way, both were dry and not very good but the F one came with some sort of green sauce that allowed it to progress to the stomach more easily.
Old Mar 5, 14, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Very little left about 30 mins after opening on the recent JFK 175 I was on.
Old Mar 5, 14, 9:59 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
In F you can have anything from the menu at any time, so no need for a larder. If it's still available you can enjoy it. They will also raid the J menu if you want or ask for something that is there but not in F. Once Mrs Greenpen and I had one F omelette and one J omelette as there was only the single F one left. By the way, both were dry and not very good but the F one came with some sort of green sauce that allowed it to progress to the stomach more easily.
Thatís what F is all about, extra green sauce.

Iíve never had any problems with the Club Kitchen, then again I always have a stash of items from the lounge or from home with me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: