Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Kitchen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ringingup
Well that looks like a nice little snack den. If, however, what is actually provided equates more to what has been described in earlier posts it is totally misleading
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
Does anyone have a photo of what a "Club Kitchen" should look like, fully stocked?
This was coming back from Las Vegas last year and they had sandwiches in there.

Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Blimey the last time I came back from Vegas they could not even offer me a breakfast except a hard roll in UD......
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks

Alas, in my case, the contents where only noticeable by their absence!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ha ha ha !

This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic !
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've sampled the Club World Kitchen equivalents on IB and QF and compared to BA's they were nowhere near as good. Some airlines don't even bother providing one.

Was a few years ago but this was the QF one on the EZE-SYD route.

Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've sampled the Club World Kitchen equivalents on IB and QF and compared to BA's they were nowhere near as good.
On a similar note, I was rather surprised to find that the snack bar on AA's 77W was perhaps more abundantly stocked than BA's… At least, I've done four 77W flights so far and the snack bar was very well stocked indeed. Not what I was expecting!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
Is there a Club Kitchen on the upper deck of the 747 ?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by razorbite
Is there a Club Kitchen on the upper deck of the 747 ?
Hi,

They may have some fruit, biscuits and small wraps on the 747 upper deck but for the full selection you will need to head downstairs to the main deck ( it gives your legs a bit of a stretch too!)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually there should be nothing displayed on the upper deck, you will however sometimes see this.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification, CIHY^

I have always seen something on the Upper Deck IME, ( the quantity has varied though)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I confess all I've ever seen on the UD is a tray of bottles of water. But, hey! The Club Kitchen thing is at the bottom of the stairs, innit! Not too far, even for senior citizens!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
AA's snack bar is more stocked, CX offers on order snacks including noodle soup, warm sandwiches/burger, ice-cream, tarts etc. and has some cold sandwiches, peanuts, cookies etc out in a snack basket, JL/NH do a la carte dining after the second meal...
So the "Larder" which was a wonderful trend-setting concept while it started, and the enhanced Club Kitchen was great with the NGCW, it is now far behind what the competition has on offer.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Air Scotia
Having travelled in Club few times with a member of BA staff (them on non rev, me redemption) by the time the food choice got to my companion it was pretty much non existent. This lead to a fairly rapid raid on the Club Kitchen and whilst unlikely to be a huge issue on the whole, there can be a fair few staff traveling in Club and I guess this may not be an isolated occurrence?

I'll offer it as another possible theory for the low stocks though - hungry BA non rev staff?
There should still be sufficient food available from the main meal service though - they wouldn't have run out completely, even if their first choice wasn't available.

BA can never account for over-zealous passengers though. I was in the GVA lounge last weekend and when I went to get a drink, there was bowl full of packets of nuts (those nice Out of Africa ones) - a large bowl with perhaps 25 packets at a guess. When I returned not even 3 minutes later to get a packet, the entire contents had been emptied by other passengers (or just one).
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:07 am

Does the Club Kitchen get re-stocked during the flight? It's surely later in the flight that most people would want to use it, but by then, it seems almost empty. Last time I used it, surplus starter salads from the menu had been put in it, which was perfect - but very little else, and no sign of "sandwiches and wraps".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.