Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Kitchen

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: CX SL, BAEC Gold, IHG, Hyatt, Starwood,Ritz Carlton Reward
I was on LHR-ORD a few weeks ago in a high-J 747 and the CK remained well-stocked with a lot of items from Waitrose that made me wonder whether I was actually on a flight or a supermarket! Dunno whether it's usual procedure in the door 2 galley on a high-J config, but it seems the WTP snacks were available too.

On my return from IAD on a mid-J, the CK was a totally different story...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:58 am

I've often been told this, on JFK-LHR overnight flights with nothing in CW kitchen

it also depends which time zone you are on, as to whether its overnight for you, and it seems to me the whole point of the CW kitchen is for food to be available when meal service isn't.

Originally Posted by PeasantGate
On BA2156 last Sunday night the menu stated - CK had sandwiches & wraps, yet the cupboard was bare, just fruit, chocolate & crisps. I asked a CC member if he had anything like a sandwich and he replied "We never have anything like that on a night flight!" I must have been dreaming last time then. It's just bloody inconsistent that's all!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:11 am

Is the Club Kitchen located between CW and WT+ on the B77W?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Slightly off-topic, I know, but need to get it of my chest.

Regarding bottles of water, AA tend to give chilled water whereas BA prefer room temperature.
Maybe they read the same article which I did, that room temperature water is better for the digestive system than chilled water.

Katie
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Prospero
If anyone is concerned there is a bias towards refined sugary snacks, there never seems to be a shortage of fresh fruit on board, even on shorter CW flights IME
Funny you say that. I too have found that it is often the only thing left in the Club Kitchen indeed. It happens to be what I usually feel like eating, so this is rather handy (ok the other one is Dolly Mix).
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by eminere
Is the Club Kitchen located between CW and WT+ on the B77W?
Its further forward than that, next to the CW galley at the front of the CW cabin.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by seegs
On several recent DME flights there was no club kitchen setup AT ALL. Lazy crew I guess - got some Avios compensation.

I know its a first world problem but I was pretty hungry and looking for some snacks for the loooooong drive to the city due to the usual Moscow traffic problems.
DME always has a spread of cadburys, dolly mixture and nuts, some fruit salads in the fridge, and a spread of fresh fruit on the UD table. Always consistent in my experience. Today no exception.

Nice to have with a cup of tea later into the flight, but nothing that will keep you full during a 3 hour car journey.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Its further forward than that, next to the CW galley at the front of the CW cabin.
Thanks! So between F and CW then.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
The club kitchen does seem to be very hit and miss, my last visit to it while half asleep with low lights, there seemed to be a cardboard box marked 'choc-ice' or something similar. It seem poorly displayed as someone had simply shoved the brown cardboard packaging in the fridge with a hole ripped in to give access to its contents - I duly shoved my hand in, like a lucky dip, and went back to my seat with to open my ice cream. Only to burn my hands on a block of dry ice inside the package. I went back to the box and inspected it closer and it was an empty box with a few packets of dry ice inside! - I lightly 'complained' to the crew as I thought it was quite dangerous, I don't consider myself stupid or unobservant - but it really did burn my skin. It was slightly amusing after the event. The point is clearly they don't have the facilities to carry ice cream and simply should not bother!
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Long time lurker, first time poster!

In my experience on the ICN flights, especially on the return sector is that there is a higher proportion of Korean passengers. I have found that they really do enjoy snacking, and often within 2/3 hours the Club Kitchen has pretty much disappeared. Time to change what is offered depending upon the route?? The same is offered on a 6 hour ABV flight and nothing much is ever taken.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually the club kitchen contents and quantity depend on the length of flight and time of day, the contents would be completely different on the ICN and ABV flights.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome MisterTee to Flyertalk

Originally Posted by MisterTee
Long time lurker, first time poster!
Welcome MisterTee to Flyertalk and the British Airways forum. It's great to see you here, please make yourself at home and please continue to post. Or indeed come to one of the legendary FT Do's, the next one is at the end of March.

Abuja being a late departing night flight one can understand, everyone is soon off to sleep on that one, or engrossed in IFE. The long day flights from Asia, well yes the culture there is towards "little and often" eating. But there does appear to be some differences between the Kitchens. So the US day flights seem to have more salads and mini sandwich wraps. More sweets and chocolates on India flights and so on. I wonder if BA make it all rather complicated, it would be easier just to have a well stocked but standard range even it was a bit missing the mark sometimes.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
. I wonder if BA make it all rather complicated, it would be easier just to have a well stocked but standard range even it was a bit missing the mark sometimes.
Then we'd have "CWK missing the Mark" threads (not a CWK user)
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone have a photo of what a "Club Kitchen" should look like, fully stocked?
I flew CW to BKK on Wednesday and an hour into the flight all I could see was a small fridge with a glass door, and total contents of 2 pots of fruit and 2 bottles of still water.
Is there a secret cupboard with a combination lock?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
Does anyone have a photo of what a "Club Kitchen" should look like, fully stocked?
BA have a photo on their website

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d/public/en_gb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.