Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA award not showing up on BAEC website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

AA award not showing up on BAEC website

Called this morning and talked to support and 2 booking agents, neither of them could see the seats.

ORD - BDL for 2/28

I see the seats are there on AA.com and on Qantas, no matter what dates I try the search engines just can not find seats.

So I tried ORD - LGA and still nothing. Is something broken on the website and with phone reps?

Use to be very dependable that I see award seats on AA.com and go right over to BA.com and book my flight done in 5 mins. For the life of me I can't seem to pull up any seats on AA.

What's going on?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Ongoing problem with the website:

CX Awards on BA.com
BA award availability

If you know the availability is there, call BAEC and book over the phone. They should waive the telephone booking fee as the website is not working correctly.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eddyegghead
Ongoing problem with the website:

CX Awards on BA.com
BA award availability

If you know the availability is there, call BAEC and book over the phone. They should waive the telephone booking fee as the website is not working correctly.
Already tried 2 of the rep plus 1 guy from support can not see the award seat. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
MH availability is 0 as well
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Gold
booking a flight for this weekend NYC-YYZ with so many options available yday. Now today, every single one sold out, even though all available at low mile level on AA website.

Guess I'll have to call them and book over phone, though if they can't see it either, not sure how that will work out.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LGAflyer
booking a flight for this weekend NYC-YYZ with so many options available yday. Now today, every single one sold out, even though all available at low mile level on AA website.

Guess I'll have to call them and book over phone, though if they can't see it either, not sure how that will work out.
Yes exactly what I am seeing, if someone is able to book a AA award over the phone today please let me know. Can't call until I am at lunch.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
I'm having same issue. Was there last night, still showing on AA, but not on BA website. Called and spoke to agent...they said they are having system issues with AA and Alaska award bookings and nothing she can do to fix it. Said keep checking every few hours
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dilvala
Yes exactly what I am seeing, if someone is able to book a AA award over the phone today please let me know. Can't call until I am at lunch.
Tried this morning as well, no luck.
Maybe the US Air integration on March first is screwing up the system

Last edited by bruceba; Feb 27, 2014 at 3:49 pm Reason: sp
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Not showing JL awards either.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:12 pm

I thought I was going crazy for a few minutes then figured something *HAD* to be wrong when I was coming up empty on every single route I tried. Hopefully they get it fixed soon, I have a trip in 2 weeks I'm waiting on booking....
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
I'm seeing lots of AA flights now where I didn't for the last few days.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:26 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I saw AA rewards now, when it was not working properly yesterday. And it worked for the phone rep also, she was able to do a UuA for a US domestic from Y to F.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I just booked an AA award with avios on BA.com that IS NOT available on aa.com and that a BA agent could not see! Seems we may have the reverse "problem" now
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
You get system issues with JAL too.

On Thursday I was looking for BKK-TYO flights. No direct flights coming up at all for the month of May.

Lots of them now.

I suspect that the JAL computer had Thursday off. Or had a hangover (too much electronic saki).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Trying to book DTW-PHL using Avios

AA Saaver awards are available on AA.com, but no awards availability are showing on the BAEC site. I called BA, they said there was no availability on those dates.

I then referenced the specific flight numbers I saw available on AA.com and they said that American may be offering them directly as an award flight, but not through partners.

Does this scenario sound plausible? It seems more likely to me that the BA system is on the fritz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.