Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:39 am

not available for my dates in October either so I'm thinking either Crowne Plaza or Hilton instead - any recommendations for either ? There will be 2 adults + infant in travel cot so space for the cot ideally around a corner where we can keep it darker till we need to sleep is going to be the thing that swings it.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by janed9388
not available for my dates in October either so I'm thinking either Crowne Plaza or Hilton instead - any recommendations for either ? There will be 2 adults + infant in travel cot so space for the cot ideally around a corner where we can keep it darker till we need to sleep is going to be the thing that swings it.
Looks like there is nothing loaded past end Sept for Sofitel on Lastminute. The 5* in "Heathrow North" is showing on express deals on priceline though.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Which Hilton did you have in mind? I'm assuming T5...

I've stayed in T5, T4 and the DoubleTree on Bath Road. T5 is very good indeed, superior to both the others; good service if you're a HHonors elite. Also, Mr Todiwala's restaurant is well worth a visit if you want a small splurge - it really was very good last time I stayed and worth the outlay.

http://cafespice.co.uk/mr-todiwalas-kitchen/#

Haven't stayed in the CP so can't give feedback on that.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Which Hilton did you have in mind? I'm assuming T5...

http://cafespice.co.uk/mr-todiwalas-kitchen/#

Haven't stayed in the CP so can't give feedback on that.
probably T5, and we are platinum so might get in upgrade which is always a good start to a holiday. Mr Todiwalas sounds good and I've had a little taste of his cooking at the food and drink show so I know it'll taste excellent. thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, FB Gold, CX Gold. Amex Plat et al
Another thanks to FT, booked for July after an inbound F (redemption). Then RFS to TXL and TXL-AUH (redemption) the next day. Perfect!
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:17 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
OT(ish): Sofitel at T5 for £88 a night

Enjoyed another night at the Sofitel last night on the cheap rate and another upgrade thanks to Platinum. Saving a fortune with this deal.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
probably T5, and we are platinum so might get in upgrade which is always a good start to a holiday. Mr Todiwalas sounds good and I've had a little taste of his cooking at the food and drink show so I know it'll taste excellent. thank you.
In my experience you'll always get an upgrade to the executive rooms on the 4th floor (I assume you mean as a diamond as platinum doesn't exist on Hilton). Although you're entitled to a breakfast in the lounge, the Hilton T5 also let's you opt for the restaurant breakfast instead.

If you're an IHG Platinum the Crowne Plaza is worth considering too. You get lounge access as a platinum, and at least on weekends when the lounge doesn't do breakfast you can have breakfast in the restaurant. Older hotel so rooms are more dated, but like the Hilton it also has a decent Indian restaurant.

The Hilton T5 is normally my first choice but look at the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree if the price is right.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:56 am

Thanks for that Layz - very helpful. I did mean IHG Platinum, unfortunately only Hilton Gold. Off to check out some more prices.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi there,

Was just trying to find the hotel on lastminute, but can't see it from the descriptions above...

Could anyone who has booked this recently confirm which is the correct one, I have a really early T5 start in a couple of weeks,

Many thanks
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by rphilippe
Hi there,

Was just trying to find the hotel on lastminute, but can't see it from the descriptions above...

Could anyone who has booked this recently confirm which is the correct one, I have a really early T5 start in a couple of weeks,

Many thanks
The description on the site is as follows:

With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms. Dine in either of the restaurants or bars, or relax in the comfort of your own room and order from the 24hr room service menu. For the more active there is a fully equipped state of the art gym. The hotel offers the highest level of service, attending to your every need.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
The description on the site is as follows:

With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms. Dine in either of the restaurants or bars, or relax in the comfort of your own room and order from the 24hr room service menu. For the more active there is a fully equipped state of the art gym. The hotel offers the highest level of service, attending to your every need.
Same as you, I've looked on numerous occasions but to no avail
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Try using the link on Raffles' Head For Points blog, which includes a direct link specifically to Sofitel's secret hotel booking page and you then just put in your dates to see if availability exists.

On his blog page, the specific direct link is where it says "This hotel is the Sofitel at Heathrow" on the start of paragraph 4.

I've used it twice now to secure the Sofitel at the magic rate.

At least then you know if there's "secret" availability or not. And if not, keep trying back nearer your dates....
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by paulieuk
Try using the link on Raffles' Head For Points blog, which includes a direct link specifically to Sofitel's secret hotel booking page and you then just put in your dates to see if availability exists.

On his blog page, the specific direct link is where it says "This hotel is the Sofitel at Heathrow" on the start of paragraph 4.

I've used it twice now to secure the Sofitel at the magic rate.

At least then you know if there's "secret" availability or not. And if not, keep trying back nearer your dates....
If you do that though, you won't get any cash back (and by extension Clubcard>Avios) via TopCashBack though.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you do that though, you won't get any cash back (and by extension Clubcard>Avios) via TopCashBack though.
That's true, but it is very useful to quickly see if it is available for the night you want. If it is then you can do the usual TCB to lastminute booking and you should be able to quickly find it listed.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
I have actually got the Ł6.33 TCB tracked (not yet paid) on these bookings by following the advice on the blog which says to open LM via the TCB portal first and then click on Raffles' link, which opens in a new window, but it appears the cookie still picks it up. The email from TCB confirming the transaction arrives shortly afterwards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.