Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Champagne please
So I guess they make their money anyway.....
Such is the way of the world! Hope they tasted good .
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors
We're staying at the Sofitel soon.
How do you get to the hotel from T5 - do you have to walk out through the bus station?

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Toonfan
We're staying at the Sofitel soon.
How do you get to the hotel from T5 - do you have to walk out through the bus station?

Thanks.
Hi,

From reception you take the lift or escalator up one level , then through the covered walkway and then a separate lift up to departures ( it is well signposted) so yo do not have to go outside.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

From reception you take the lift or escalator up one level , then through the covered walkway and then a separate lift up to departures ( it is well signposted) so yo do not have to go outside.

Regards

TBS
I think the OP was looking to go TO the Hotel from T5 if I am reading the post right.

OP, if that's the case then in arrivals there are signs and the lift itself has a sign on the outside as well as inside for the Hotel. Once you exit the lift just follow the long corridor, down the escalator (or lift) and the reception is to you right.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Champagne please
we booked a room , £89 plus 10% quidco, then I phoned up a few days before to ask for a roll away bed for our daughter, supplied no charge, no question. However, we are currently at sofitel and have paid £34 for 2 glasses of shiraz and a chocolate desert. So I guess they make their money anyway.....
My wife had 2 cocktails at the back bar and I had a desert and it came to £24. I would have thought the cocktails would have been more expensive than the wine.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
As this was asked about earlier in the thread, I stayed here on the first of my bookings at this rate on Thursday night before flying out to BRU (stag weekend in Ghent, my head still hurts) - handed over my Le Club Accor Platinum card at check in, expecting nothing, and got a room upgrade to a Superior room(I have no idea how it was any different to a standard room I must admit), drinks voucher and access to the lounge.

All in all, not too shabby for £88
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
As this was asked about earlier in the thread, I stayed here on the first of my bookings at this rate on Thursday night before flying out to BRU (stag weekend in Ghent, my head still hurts) - handed over my Le Club Accor Platinum card at check in, expecting nothing, and got a room upgrade to a Superior room(I have no idea how it was any different to a standard room I must admit), drinks voucher and access to the lounge.

YOu give us all hope - 2 bookings coming up in a few weeks. Just for interest did you phone/email through your number before your stay? Wondering whether that is a good strategy or not
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wtcmor
YOu give us all hope - 2 bookings coming up in a few weeks. Just for interest did you phone/email through your number before your stay? Wondering whether that is a good strategy or not
Nope, just turned up and handed over card when checking in. As I say, expected nothing so was very happy.

Have another stay coming up shortly too, with Mrs Lem this time, so will be useful to get the lounge (and keep her in the life she's accustomed to)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
APRIL10 would appear to give 10% off until 10am tomorrow.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Can't tell us if the Sofitel is included now though, they've hidden the usual clues
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Can't tell us if the Sofitel is included now though, they've hidden the usual clues
They seem to have downgraded it to a 4* to cloak it a little (also listed as a non-opaque 4*). If you sort the results by distance it's obvious, described as "Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow - 4*" with exactly the same distances as the Sofitel. And if you click through the confirmatory number of Tripadvisor reviews re-appears.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I guess I'd better explore this. I'm being quoted (by Sofitel) £167 for a Thursday in Sep. I can get the Stanwell for £115, dinner for 2 for <£50 and £10 taxi to T5. IMO still a better option than the T5 box and a carry-out from M&S. And it's a bloody long walk from your Sofitel room to CW check-in, dragging 3/4 cases.

Edit = Not listed as Secret for 4 Sep, but then that's hardly "Last Minute". Sofitel showing at £167, though

Last edited by T8191; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)

I was also upgraded to a superior, not sure what the difference is, room was a similar standard to the Hilton T5 but with the addition of a TV in the bathroom. A nice touch if you have time to relax.

Wasn't told about lounge access, was a bit too late in the evening for that, but if that comes as standard for Platinum members then it's good to know. Did you get breakfast included too?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
They seem to have downgraded it to a 4* to cloak it a little (also listed as a non-opaque 4*). If you sort the results by distance it's obvious, described as "Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow - 4*" with exactly the same distances as the Sofitel. And if you click through the confirmatory number of Tripadvisor reviews re-appears.
Thanks, will try and grab it for next week then

Originally Posted by layz
I was also upgraded to a superior, not sure what the difference is, room was a similar standard to the Hilton T5 but with the addition of a TV in the bathroom. A nice touch if you have time to relax.

Wasn't told about lounge access, was a bit too late in the evening for that, but if that comes as standard for Platinum members then it's good to know. Did you get breakfast included too?
Breakfast wasn't mentioned, but I think the light breakfast is part of the lounge offering. I was a on an early flight out, so had (a much improved) brekkie in GF
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I stayed here in February.

I was confused by the room numbers. Instead of say 5218 being on the fifth floor, it is the second digit which indicates the floor. So this room would be on the second floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.