Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor
Thanks - but no Heathrow hotels seem to be coming up at all on lastminute.com, I am putting Heathrow in as the destination - am I doing something wrong?
I can't immediately see a problem. I've just looked for 28th December and it's happily listing 77 available 'Heathrow' hotels.

It auto-completes to 'Heathrow, United Kingdom' in the search box if that's any help. It can sometimes take a second or two to catch up with the typing. You should just type 'Heathrow' and nothing else to set it off.

The two things to avoid in general are typing 'London' or 'LHR' into the search box and then selecting the auto-complete 'London, United Kingdom - Heathrow Airport (LHR)'.

That's a recipe for getting every hotel in the city listed and burying the ones you want like needles in the proverbial.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
At £103.49 I assume that this is the Hilton T4:

"About Modern hotel, great location at Airport terminal
Set within minutes of London Heathrow Airport and close to the major motorways M4 and M25, this first class hotel is just 20 minutes away from central London by train. You can relax at the hotel's contemporary and spacious guest rooms, featuring modern amenities such as high-speed internet access, while stopping for the night or visiting the British capital. Hotel offers transport service to and from Terminal 5. A scheduled service departs every 30 minutes."
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Markie
At £103.49 I assume that this is the Hilton T4:

"About Modern hotel, great location at Airport terminal
Set within minutes of London Heathrow Airport and close to the major motorways M4 and M25, this first class hotel is just 20 minutes away from central London by train. You can relax at the hotel's contemporary and spacious guest rooms, featuring modern amenities such as high-speed internet access, while stopping for the night or visiting the British capital. Hotel offers transport service to and from Terminal 5. A scheduled service departs every 30 minutes."
At any rate, it is not the Sofitel. Likely Hilton T4, certainly sounds like it.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paul4040
At any rate, it is not the Sofitel. Likely Hilton T4, certainly sounds like it.
I agree, though they should have cleared out that reference to the T5 bus, that stopped some time ago, but it was a Hilton T4 special which, as it happened, ran every 30 minutes.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I agree, though they should have cleared out that reference to the T5 bus, that stopped some time ago, but it was a Hilton T4 special which, as it happened, ran every 30 minutes.
As far as I know they were allowed to offer a free shuttle to T5 to make up for the fact that the BA longhaul terminal had moved from T4 to T5 meaning it was less attractive to BA customers.

In general HAL doesn't allow airport shuttles, in theory because they want to reduce congestion at the collection points although it also is a convenient money maker with the dreadful Hotel Hoppa.

Do the question is did the Hilton T4 have to terminate their free shuttle (end of the agreement with HAL) or did they choose too?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by layz
Do the question is did the Hilton T4 have to terminate their free shuttle (end of the agreement with HAL) or did they choose too?
I think they chose to do so, on the basis that every time I used it, which wasn't often, I was the only passenger. The other possibility was that when Hilton T5 was opened (and with a different owner to Hilton T4 I think) that was seen by all parties as the time to stop the service. Possibly a bit of both.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Any opinions on the different room types at the T5 Hilton?

Got a night at LHR in February and choices I've looked at so far are (all pre-pay rates):

Premier Inn Bath Road £39
Premier Inn Terminal 5 £44

Doubletree £66 King guest room / £89 King Deluxe

Hilton Garden Inn £63 Queen room / £71 King room

Hilton T5 King Guest room £79 / King Executive room £119

The T5 Hilton isn't far off the price of the other Hiltons and no idea if my gold status would get me any sort of upgrade or if it's worth paying for an executive room (would be out early for a 7:45am flight anyway so would at breakfast at T5 probably)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by xenole

The T5 Hilton isn't far off the price of the other Hiltons and no idea if my gold status would get me any sort of upgrade or if it's worth paying for an executive room (would be out early for a 7:45am flight anyway so would at breakfast at T5 probably)
Go for the cheaper rate, you should have a good upgrade chance though it's not guaranteed. Even standard rooms there are spacious and well appointed. The lounge is reasonable if you are there early enough and like wine / nibbles but with that price difference would be better spent raiding M&S. It does stay open to 22 or 23 hrs. Breakfast at that Hilton is particularly good, but it doesn't start until 0630 so I see the issue there.

I did the Thistle last week for the first time, and I was quite impressed by it, I see you've not priced it. Great views at breakfast, and a 06 hrs start time there. It would take less than 10 minutes to get to T5 Security from that hotel.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

The T5 Hilton often provides the best bang for your buck. At those rates I would jump on it. The only downside to the hotel is that you're pushed towards using the blasted Hoppa service.

Stayed there twice as a gold, no upgrade though.

On principle I try to stay at more spartan hotels (DT Bath Rd etc) if I have an early start like yours, as I don't gain the benefit of the extra facilities.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I did the Thistle last week for the first time, and I was quite impressed by it, I see you've not priced it. Great views at breakfast, and a 06 hrs start time there. It would take less than 10 minutes to get to T5 Security from that hotel.
£55 for a double room with breakfast (winter sale price) - £86.70 normal advance rate / £96.70 with breakfast.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:41 pm

£55 for a double room with breakfast (winter sale price) - £86.70 normal advance rate / £96.70 with breakfast.
So that's £60 if you Pod'ed one way (but went 423 in the other direction), an extra half an hour in bed, and you'd get a breakfast in quite easily.

The Thistle is a notch above Premier Inns, and the staff were excellent, but a good notch below Hiltons. In a way the pricing range is fair, you get what you pay for. The rooms are a bit basic compared to the Hilton but still comfortable. And the Pod has to be THE way to arrive at T5. Personally, not needing any more Hilton points, I'd probably go for the Thistle due to the early start, but consider the Hilton T5 for later starts.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Any opinions on the different room types at the T5 Hilton?

Got a night at LHR in February and choices I've looked at so far are (all pre-pay rates):

Premier Inn Bath Road £39
Premier Inn Terminal 5 £44

Doubletree £66 King guest room / £89 King Deluxe

Hilton Garden Inn £63 Queen room / £71 King room

Personally, I like the Premier Inn Terminal 5 where I have stayed several times. Only 2 short stops away, crisp and clean, very friendly staff and it was renovated only a couple of years ago. It also has a nice restaurant. £44 is very good value for a 1 night stay.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Likewise I enjoyed my stay at Premier Inn T5 ( all other hotels were very expensive)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by paul4040
The only downside to the hotel is that you're pushed towards using the blasted Hoppa service.
I now use Uber to and from all LHR hotels / terminals at a cost of about £7-9.

I loathe the Hoppas, have never had to wait more than 5 mins for an Uber driver and as I am sometimes with one or two colleagues it works out cheaper than the Hoppa anyway!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Does anyone know if this Sofitel offer can still be found on lastminute?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.