Lounge Food - Crisps and Things

Old Feb 26, 14, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ PPS/*A Gold, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club, others nothing useful
Lounge Food - Crisps and Things

So what is it about lounge food and having crisps in large vats with inappropriate serving devices and plates......

In the shared lounge used by BA at BCN, I was faced with trying to extract with tongs onto a saucer.... messy and inefficient. Worse still, you get a spoon to pick up crisps and put them on a flat plate.....

At least BA at LHR/LGW have Kettle Crisps in bags, a nice hygenic, easy to carry, portion controlled method of serving. But as if to keep up with the others, they then have these tall narrow topped Kilner Jars of nibbles, like the Sesame Sticks, with small scoops and bowls, just to re-introduce some excitement into the food liberation process. A scoop to get some long thing items out of a vertical container.....

Someone obviously likes winding me up.

(Still at least the lounge staff in the BA T1 Domestic lounge just left me with the bottle of fizz, they are learning.....).
Old Feb 26, 14, 1:45 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Don't bother with the tongs then. Far more efficient

Old Feb 26, 14, 1:48 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
So what is it about lounge food and having the loudest possible crisps that mean you can hear people eating their kettle crisps from the other side of the room?

Replace them with Skips or Wotsits.
Old Feb 26, 14, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by chistery View Post

Replace them with Skips or Wotsits.
Orange wee- that might only be effect on 2 year olds.
Old Feb 26, 14, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
I find I have to keep a napkin very close to hand when eating Kettle Chips cheese & onion. They are incredibly messy.
Old Feb 26, 14, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by penguin60 View Post
So what is it about lounge food and having crisps in large vats with inappropriate serving devices and plates......

In the shared lounge used by BA at BCN, I was faced with trying to extract with tongs onto a saucer.... messy and inefficient. Worse still, you get a spoon to pick up crisps and put them on a flat plate.....

At least BA at LHR/LGW have Kettle Crisps in bags, a nice hygenic, easy to carry, portion controlled method of serving. But as if to keep up with the others, they then have these tall narrow topped Kilner Jars of nibbles, like the Sesame Sticks, with small scoops and bowls, just to re-introduce some excitement into the food liberation process. A scoop to get some long thing items out of a vertical container.....

Someone obviously likes winding me up.

(Still at least the lounge staff in the BA T1 Domestic lounge just left me with the bottle of fizz, they are learning.....).

Are those jars of crisps not individual portions ready to take back to where your sitting ?

cs
Old Feb 26, 14, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB

Someone obviously likes winding me up..
Sure they weren't corn flakes?

I hate those cereal dispensers you see in lounges and hotel buffets.....they drive me nuts.
Old Feb 26, 14, 6:03 pm

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 27, 14 at 12:26 am
Old Mar 12, 14, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ PPS/*A Gold, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club, others nothing useful
Originally Posted by PeasantGate View Post

How old are the bits at the bottom?

PG3
I just wondered that, when filling up a little bowl a couple of minutes ago (T1 Domestic/Ireland). Or do they empty the lot out back into the catering bucket, and then refill....... suddently the noisy Kettle Crisps have an extra appeal!

Please not orange Wotsits...... herds of orange mouthed BAEC members boarding a plane.....no!
Old Mar 12, 14, 2:58 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
I just wondered that, when filling up a little bowl a couple of minutes ago (T1 Domestic/Ireland). Or do they empty the lot out back into the catering bucket, and then refill....... suddently the noisy Kettle Crisps have an extra appeal!

Please not orange Wotsits...... herds of orange mouthed BAEC members boarding a plane.....no!
Quavers for me please - much kinder on the aging teeth. I find the Out of África nuts practically impossible.
Old Mar 13, 14, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
Angry

The cheese & onion crisps were gone at EDI yesterday choice was lightly salted or chilli.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: