FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge Food - Crisps and Things (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1555573-lounge-food-crisps-things.html)

penguin60 Feb 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Lounge Food - Crisps and Things

So what is it about lounge food and having crisps in large vats with inappropriate serving devices and plates......

In the shared lounge used by BA at BCN, I was faced with trying to extract with tongs onto a saucer.... messy and inefficient. Worse still, you get a spoon to pick up crisps and put them on a flat plate.....

At least BA at LHR/LGW have Kettle Crisps in bags, a nice hygenic, easy to carry, portion controlled method of serving. But as if to keep up with the others, they then have these tall narrow topped Kilner Jars of nibbles, like the Sesame Sticks, with small scoops and bowls, just to re-introduce some excitement into the food liberation process. A scoop to get some long thing items out of a vertical container.....

Someone obviously likes winding me up.

(Still at least the lounge staff in the BA T1 Domestic lounge just left me with the bottle of fizz, they are learning.....).

exilencfc Feb 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Don't bother with the tongs then. Far more efficient

;)

chistery Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

So what is it about lounge food and having the loudest possible crisps that mean you can hear people eating their kettle crisps from the other side of the room?

Replace them with Skips or Wotsits.

Barnaby100 Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by chistery (Post 22423134)

Replace them with Skips or Wotsits.

Orange wee- that might only be effect on 2 year olds.

stifle Feb 26, 2014 2:56 pm

I find I have to keep a napkin very close to hand when eating Kettle Chips cheese & onion. They are incredibly messy.

cornishsimon Feb 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by penguin60 (Post 22423067)
So what is it about lounge food and having crisps in large vats with inappropriate serving devices and plates......

In the shared lounge used by BA at BCN, I was faced with trying to extract with tongs onto a saucer.... messy and inefficient. Worse still, you get a spoon to pick up crisps and put them on a flat plate.....

At least BA at LHR/LGW have Kettle Crisps in bags, a nice hygenic, easy to carry, portion controlled method of serving. But as if to keep up with the others, they then have these tall narrow topped Kilner Jars of nibbles, like the Sesame Sticks, with small scoops and bowls, just to re-introduce some excitement into the food liberation process. A scoop to get some long thing items out of a vertical container.....

Someone obviously likes winding me up.

(Still at least the lounge staff in the BA T1 Domestic lounge just left me with the bottle of fizz, they are learning.....).

Are those jars of crisps not individual portions ready to take back to where your sitting ? ;)

cs

HIDDY Feb 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by penguin60 (Post 22423067)

Someone obviously likes winding me up..

Sure they weren't corn flakes? ;)

I hate those cereal dispensers you see in lounges and hotel buffets.....they drive me nuts.

PeasantGate Feb 26, 2014 6:03 pm

xxxxx

penguin60 Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by PeasantGate (Post 22424685)

How old are the bits at the bottom?

PG3

I just wondered that, when filling up a little bowl a couple of minutes ago (T1 Domestic/Ireland). Or do they empty the lot out back into the catering bucket, and then refill....... suddently the noisy Kettle Crisps have an extra appeal!

Please not orange Wotsits...... herds of orange mouthed BAEC members boarding a plane.....no!

Embuexpat Mar 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by penguin60 (Post 22511784)
I just wondered that, when filling up a little bowl a couple of minutes ago (T1 Domestic/Ireland). Or do they empty the lot out back into the catering bucket, and then refill....... suddently the noisy Kettle Crisps have an extra appeal!

Please not orange Wotsits...... herds of orange mouthed BAEC members boarding a plane.....no!

Quavers for me please - much kinder on the aging teeth. I find the Out of África nuts practically impossible.

stifle Mar 13, 2014 5:10 am

The cheese & onion crisps were gone at EDI yesterday :mad: choice was lightly salted or chilli.