Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bonus Avios Points for booking Hotel and Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

OK, so I've booked a Hotel and Flight a while back and you're supposed to earn additional Avios points for booking a package.

Does anybody know when these are credited? BA certainly don't. They've told me to contact my 'travel agent' (it was booked direct on BA.com) and when I replied I was told there isn't such a promotion (which isn't true).

Any ideas welcomed as they are driving me nuts.

Here's the info taken from BA today (they still deny knowing about this)

"Executive Club members can earn bonus Avios when booking a flight + hotel or flight + car. This is in addition to those Avios and Tier points earned on any eligible flights in your booking.

Executive Club members - if you are not already logged in, simply add your membership number on the Passengers Details page when booking your flight + hotel or flight + car.

Non members - you can still earn bonus Avios by joining the Executive Club after making your flight + hotel or flight + car booking via the confirmation page. Your bonus Avios can be added up to 3 months after booking."
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Sometimes they can be posted quicker than the details below and at other times longer.

I'd wait until the 5-6 weeks are up then write in and claim them. That's what I have had to do in the past several times.

5.9.3. Avios are shown on the Executive Club member's account 5-6 weeks after the departure date of the booking.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/dptermsconditions/public/en_gb#clause5

Edited to add:

British Airways Holidays
Astral Towers, Betts Way,
London Road
Crawley
London
RH10 9XA

Telephone:0844 4930756

Last edited by PETER01; Feb 17, 2014 at 9:22 am Reason: adding contact details for BA Holidays
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
I got mine halfway through the holiday.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thanks both for the quick response. Appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.