Wiki Posts
Search

Strange MMB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Strange MMB

My father and I (both share the same name) are travelling to HKG in March a day apart. He is travelling with my mother and I am travelling with my wife.

He made his booking by himself through the BA website, entering his EC number and my mothers.

I did likewise a week later.

For some reason his booking is showing in my MMB. I can see all of his details. I can see his and my mothers EC number entered correctly. His contact phone number and email. I can also go as far as changing his seats and upgrading.

This has been the case for nearly two months now. I have called BA four times to advise them that I can see someone else's booking and their details which clearly should not be the case, one phone call took well over 1.5 hours. I have asked them to remove his booking from linking with my account. Each time they have said they have done it but it is still there.

My booking then shows as if it had been made by a travel agent which it wasn't. I want to upgrade my flight but it just will not even let me check if it is possible. None of my other bookings show like this.

Does anyone have any experience of this, and what my next step might be? There is no way I should be able to see this booking or make changes to it.

I have read the IT issues thread but have not come across this issue.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Are you in the same Household account?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
Are you in the same Household account?
No, completely separate.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by MickV
No, completely separate.
Or in your Friends and Family list or Travel Companions list?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ctivatetab=faf

If not, very very strange indeed and its quite concerning that BA have been unable to rectify it thus far!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
Or in your Friends and Family list or Travel Companions list?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ctivatetab=faf

If not, very very strange indeed and its quite concerning that BA have been unable to rectify it thus far!
No, different home addresses everything is separate. As far as I can see other than having the same name there is no way to link the two.

The people I have spoken with on the the phone have all said they have not seen anything like this. Two of them have mentioned issues with data protection, in that I should not be able to see his details.

It is my father so it is not overly important. I want to make sure there are no issues when we come to fly!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:54 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
My booking then shows as if it had been made by a travel agent which it wasn't. I want to upgrade my flight but it just will not even let me check if it is possible. None of my other bookings show like this.
Have you got a hotel or car hire as part of your booking?

If so, it will show as a travel agent booking (BA Holidays).

bjorns
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjorns
Have you got a hotel or car hire as part of your booking?

If so, it will show as a travel agent booking (BA Holidays).

bjorns
No, just flights and all on BA metal.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Does anyone have any experience of this, and what my next step might be?
You could try logging in to the two bookings via the RJ website and deleting all the BAEC membership numbers. After you've done that you can re-enter them after logging back in to the respective accounts via the BA website. Whether it will work or not I have no idea - it's just a suggestion.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
As a matter of interest (because I have no idea of the cause or possible solution) can your father see your booking?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exilencfc
As a matter of interest (because I have no idea of the cause or possible solution) can your father see your booking?
No, he can only see his booking with no reference of me anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.