Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection on Malaysian Avios Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Seat Selection on Malaysian Avios Booking

Does anyone know how to do this, or do I need to call?

I have tried accessing the booking via Malaysian, via Finnair and of course BA. Seat selection doesn't show.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
Does anyone know how to do this, or do I need to call?

I have tried accessing the booking via Malaysian, via Finnair and of course BA. Seat selection doesn't show.

Thanks.
Call Malaysia in London. They have done it for me several times with no problem.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:55 pm

I have never had success with MH seat selection, even when phoning. Although, I have only ever used MH for very short hops in Asia (<1.5hr flights) using Avios in Y. I believe J redemptions can have seats allocated by phoning in.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
For seats you have to ring the London office
0871 423 9090

I have never had an issue booking seats successfully on MH. I do have access to Expertflyer so I can see immediately after the call if the requested seats have changed from "available" before the call to "booked" after the call. I also do not have a pro-longed conversation with the agent about which seats are available. Caveat: I have only ever booked seats and meals on LHR-KUL flights and once on PEK-KUL - never had an issue. I was in F for on the LHR-KUL flights and in Business on the PEK-KUL flight. I do not know about economy.

MH's internet site is eratic. I have never been able to check in on line with an Avios booking (never flown on cash in recent years). It took my about five gos in January 2014 on different days to get the "Call The Chef" bit of it to work and even then I have unsure if it take been received (it had).
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
The BA Exec Club call center should be able to book your seats for you.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by cosmo74
The BA Exec Club call center should be able to book your seats for you.
From experience - no they can't.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just called the MH UK line, since I have an Avios-booked Y redemption coming up on a SGN-KUL-MLE itinerary.

They were happy to process the seat assignment at a £5/person/sector cost. No free assignment for Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold).
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by marwanb
Just called the MH UK line, since I have an Avios-booked Y redemption coming up on a SGN-KUL-MLE itinerary.

They were happy to process the seat assignment at a £5/person/sector cost. No free assignment for Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold).
That sounds strange. I booked an avios reward ticket from KUL-SIN on MH and once I got the 5 digit PNR (i.e. MH's PNR and not the 6 digit B PNR), I think from checkmytrip, I was able to select seats for free on the MH website.

EDIT: I was SCH at the time.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
That sounds strange. I booked an avios reward ticket from KUL-SIN on MH and once I got the 5 digit PNR (i.e. MH's PNR and not the 6 digit B PNR), I think from checkmytrip, I was able to select seats for free on the MH website.

EDIT: I was SCH at the time.
The Malaysian site doesn't let me access my booking with the 5 digit PNR, but I was told that when it opens up 48h (or was it 24h?) prior to flight, i should be able to select seats for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.