Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any insights into missing entries on ba manage my booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL CCR

soon to go on a rtw fb-done3

LCY JFK DCA (DFW PHX DFW CLL DFW LAX) HNL SYD HGK CGK HGK LHR

the part in brackets is not showing on manage my bookings - all OW and all in brackets and some other legs with AA.

Anyone else seeing missing segments in manage my bookings?

I've seen this before and will watch to see if these are the legs that i have to claim once they dont appear on the recent transactions.

this forum seems to have gurus of kvs and other systems that might be able make me a little less naive about this all

1420 TP will be nice though

Gene
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

When I did BRU-KOA last year one of the AA flights did not show up on MMB but the flights posted fine.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:46 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Did you book this directly with BA?
It is not unusual to not see the full booking in MMB when the itinerary contains other airlines such as AA.

Also I think you have a DONE4 not 3.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Completely normal on DONEs and AONEs. The general situation being the service feeding into or out of BA may be shown, the rest will not, but if you find the AA locator they should be shown there, or indeed on classic.checkmytrip.com

AA uses a different GDS to BA. They can talk to each other, but like married couples, only occasionally and in short doses.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
When airlines create a booking in their system, they only send details of immediately previous/connecting flights to other carriers.

Sort of 'need to know' basis only

AA use a system called Sabre whilst BA use Amadeus. Other Amadeus using airlines' sectors will also appear.

I've had purely LH bookings pop up in MMB when the travel agent erroneously put my BAEC number into their booking ... they both use Amadeus ...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL CCR
Thank you

Great information from you all - will go learn what all those systems are.

Thank you again

Gene

Originally Posted by dunk
When airlines create a booking in their system, they only send details of immediately previous/connecting flights to other carriers.

Sort of 'need to know' basis only

AA use a system called Sabre whilst BA use Amadeus. Other Amadeus using airlines' sectors will also appear.

I've had purely LH bookings pop up in MMB when the travel agent erroneously put my BAEC number into their booking ... they both use Amadeus ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.