Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight Features on an Avios booking - which is correct?

Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond

So a few of us are planning on a golf trip to celebrate one of the group managing to make his half century .

We're looking at GLA - LGW - ALC using Avios, which two of us are contributing to the pot. Looking at availability there may be a few hours connection, and I was thinking about CE to ALC (Domestic to/from GLA, of course) so we can grab a beer in the Lounge in relative comfort.

I've read the Lounge Guide here and the info on the BA site and thought I knew what was what. But here's where I'm getting confused.

When I look at booking 6 CE flights using my (Gold) Account, the "more information" section of the booking screen says Lounge Access against all flights (GLA/LGW, LGW/ALC and back). However, when I look at the same booking using my friend's (Blue) account, there is no mention of Lounge Access.

Can anyone help confirm what info is correct?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
If it's booked in CE, then lounge access at GLA and LGW.
If you book it, then I think your group can also use the Galleries First lounge at LGW.

As for why it isn't showing for the Blue, not sure, but we all know how sophisticated and reliable a website ba.com is...
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
That's what I thought, but as I say got confused! Good point about the website .

But just to be sure, given my addled brain: If it's CE to ACL-LGW and then UK Domestic to GLA, will Lounge access at LGW be allowed?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by gemscot
But just to be sure, given my addled brain: If it's CE to ACL-LGW and then UK Domestic to GLA, will Lounge access at LGW be allowed?
Yes you are meant to, however there have been many reports of those connecting to domestic being wrongly turned away. Just mention you are inbound on CE, show your CE ticket, and that your domestic is booked in U class.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
The Lounge section in MMB is well known for being more than a bit wonky, so I wouldn't give it too much thought - as long as you are booked in CE, it's fine!

Originally Posted by Syme
If you book it, then I think your group can also use the Galleries First lounge at LGW.
No. Flounge access is strictly Gold member plus one guest only. You'll still be able to all go to Galleries Club on the basis of your CE flights.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by csutter
No. Flounge access is strictly Gold member plus one guest only. You'll still be able to all go to Galleries Club on the basis of your CE flights.
Or if travelling in F with oneworld, or connecting from longhaul F with oneworld to a shorthaul oneworld flight.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by csutter
Oh, doy. Of course. Silly me!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by nux
Just mention you are inbound on CE, show your CE ticket, and that your domestic is booked in U class.
Actually, your Domestic won't necessarily be booked in U class if it isn't available. But it doesn't change much as your inbound will be in CE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.