Understanding GUF2

Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PxC
On the return leg, using the Rewards Calculator on BA site, CW is £449.40 and first is £603.92.
If you are booking it as a return you need to look at the TFC as priced like that rather than two one ways. TFC for a LHR-LAS-LHR with CW out and back should be the same as TFC for CW out and F back. Easy way to check may be to do a dummy cash booking and look at the TFC on there.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:58 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are booking it as a return you need to look at the TFC as priced like that rather than two one ways. TFC for a LHR-LAS-LHR with CW out and back should be the same as TFC for CW out and F back. Easy way to check may be to do a dummy cash booking and look at the TFC on there.
Thanks for the help Karfa, just one more...

If I applied the GUF2 to a CW booking LHR-SIN-SYD would it still likely be the same TFC? Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by PxC
Thanks for the help Karfa, just one more...

If I applied the GUF2 to a CW booking LHR-SIN-SYD would it still likely be the same TFC? Thanks
yes, TFC for CW for a LHR-SIN-SYD rtn should be the same as TFC for it in F. You can check as well by just doing dummy revenue bookings and looking at the TFC bit of the cost.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Could someone please advise:

1) Can GUF2 be applied if one of the two legs is operated by AA (on a BA flight no)?

2) Can GUF2 be applied to a multi-city itinerary (LHR-LAX, SFO-LHR)?

3) Which travel agents other than Propeller are familiar with GUF2? I haven't had much luck with AMEX.

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
1. It needs to be operated and marketed BA nothing else on the PNR. There are some work arounds for short legs.
2. Yes as long as the ticket can be priced, BA flights on BA stock.
3. I have found propeller to be excellent. The other method I find works is a small high street travel agent that is happy to be walked through the process if you make it easy for them. I have found other larger ones just do not have the time to listen or read that they can do it, and it is not like a post ticketing points upgrade. I have even had some large travel agents deliberately messing it up so I would not ask again. (Looking at you Amex).

KF
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
1. It needs to be operated and marketed BA nothing else on the PNR. There are some work arounds for short legs.

KF
Is that positive ? I thought that was possible now.. Maybe only thru ba and only the ba flights will be upgraded?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Is that positive ? I thought that was possible now.. Maybe only thru ba and only the ba flights will be upgraded?
yes for a mixed carrier booking you would have to book through BA rather than a TA. Only the BA flights would be upgraded.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dubistokay
Which travel agents other than Propeller are familiar with GUF2? I haven't had much luck with AMEX.
The Amex Plat travel agents have done maybe 3 or 4 GUFs for me, without much issue. They normally need an extra 5-10 minutes over a regular flight booking, to check some details with a colleague or look up the instructions on their intranet, but otherwise have been fine. No explicit additional fee for the GUF / booking fee (other than the 450 quid a year for the plat...), but IIRC lately it's something like 25 quid more than the BA website / ITA Matrix shows for the same flights, which I believe is an NDS vs GDS surcharge from BA.

Last edited by Gagravarr; Feb 9, 2019 at 3:32 am Reason: Fix broken markup
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My experience is from Scandinavia, which is very strict on the rules.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON

yes for a mixed carrier booking you would have to book through BA rather than a TA. Only the BA flights would be upgraded.
Not correct anymore, KAFRA. Mixed carrier bookings can now be booked via TA's as well.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by danielbk
Not correct anymore, KAFRA. Mixed carrier bookings can now be booked via TA's as well.
Interesting. Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by danielbk
can they? So if a TA sends a booking to the travel trade team including non BA flights to approve a GUF do they approve it now?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON

can they? So if a TA sends a booking to the travel trade team including non BA flights to approve a GUF do they approve it now?
Yes.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:22 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Can I upgrade an itinerary which is WT+ on the outbound and CW on the inbound? Which would then obviously end up being CW out and First back

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by PxC
Can I upgrade an itinerary which is WT+ on the outbound and CW on the inbound? Which would then obviously end up being CW out and First back

Thanks
yes and yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.