Understanding GUF2

Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BLHD
So you don't care if your TA goes out of Business?
Not particularly. If they accept and process the booking, why should I be concerned?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Not particularly. If they accept and process the booking, why should I be concerned?
How about if they accept it and process it without realizing the implications of so doing while you're fully aware of the position in which you are putting them?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
The potential gravity of your TA going out of Business is clearly beyond your knowledge then...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
What a shockingly selfish attitude!!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:01 am

I see my views on this are not a shared view.

Originally Posted by golfmad
How about if they accept it and process it without realizing the implications of so doing while you're fully aware of the position in which you are putting them?
I highly doubt any TA who handles GUF booking doesn't know both the terms and conditions of the voucher itself, and the terms of business with BA when creating such a booking.

Originally Posted by BLHD
The potential gravity of your TA going out of Business is clearly beyond your knowledge then...
I am fully aware, thanks.

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
What a shockingly selfish attitude!!
How can it be selfish when the TA knowingly accepts such a booking?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:42 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
To me, the question here is: if a TA asked any one of us to sign a disclaimer accepting legal and fiscal responsibility for any re-price that resulted, and that reprice could amount to several thousand pounds on a GUF2, would we still be prepared to take the risk - particularly when signing might also show a knowing attempt to commit fraud by misuse of the voucher?

Or would we actually decide to abide by the terms of the voucher, and also - as a potentially connected issue - fly all segments?

I know which my money's on for pretty much every member of FT ...

... and if we weren't prepared to sign, why on earth would it be anything other than unreasonable to ask someone else to take the risk - with a far more serious consequence for their business and employees - on our behalf?
Tiffywren likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Totally agree with this, would never ask "my" TA to do this if I knew beforhand that it might get risky for him, and yes, let's face it, it's not in line with the T&C. How is this even possible to have non BA flights added later when the reservation sent to BA must include the complete pricing? Can the pricing/fare information be included with flights missing? Just curious.

Slightly related, how about BA codeshare flights in the booking, e.g. MUC-(BA)-LHR-(BA)-SIN-(BA/operated by CX)-HKG-(BA)-LHR-(BA)-ZRH, those should still be fine I assume (and based on my experience)?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Totally agree with this, would never ask "my" TA to do this if I knew beforhand that it might get risky for him, and yes, let's face it, it's not in line with the T&C. How is this even possible to have non BA flights added later when the reservation sent to BA must include the complete pricing? Can the pricing/fare information be included with flights missing? Just curious.

Slightly related, how about BA codeshare flights in the booking, e.g. MUC-(BA)-LHR-(BA)-SIN-(BA/operated by CX)-HKG-(BA)-LHR-(BA)-ZRH, those should still be fine I assume (and based on my experience)?
Do the Sin-HKG CX flights have Ba codeshares?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do the Sin-HKG CX flights have Ba codeshares?
Good question, just checked and no, there are no BA codeshare flights on this route, also not on KUL-HKG, etc. Seems new as some months ago I was able to do so on the latter route

But as it was meant more as a general question, so we could also take LHR-JFK-LAX as an example.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:54 am

Through BA, yes, I believe it's fine. Through a TA, I guess you're relying on the quality of checks carried out by BA's Trade Support team. I've seen GUF bookings rejected for less.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Any thoughts on the best way to use a GUF2 to help get to Perth? probably want to end up in CW, even though I know it is better value in F....

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Any thoughts on the best way to use a GUF2 to help get to Perth? probably want to end up in CW, even though I know it is better value in F....

Thanks.
Maybe a decent Premium economy EX-EU fare to KUL ( then upgrade using voucher), then MH KUL-PER. They were selling this for a very good price recently. Solid product and service on the A330 they use on the route.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just be aware that recently MH have started putting 737s on the route:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malay...e-kul-per.html
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:32 am

Tier points question.
Presume a GUF2 redemption will deliver TP and Avios from the booked cabin, not the upgraded one?
Some mixed messaging in the Mileage Run Deals thread has got me confused...
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Tier points question.
Presume a GUF2 redemption will deliver TP and Avios from the booked cabin, not the upgraded one?
Some mixed messaging in the Mileage Run Deals thread has got me confused...
I suspect it is supposed to be the booked (paid-for) cabin. My recent experience has been mixed with some rather more positive outcomes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.