Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding GUF2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
It does now mean I’ll need to keep my own spreadsheet of GUFs as I can’t trust BA’s IT.
The BA agent I spoke to said that if we had the voucher numbers they could easily reinstate them. She also said that when a GUF is issued they send an e-mail with the voucher number. Of course, that hasn't happened for a while plus they haven't always credited automatically either. I really felt like saying that it's not my job to keep track of this to make up with their IT shortcomings but I thanked her for her help instead and will wait and see when it resolves itself. The other factor is that it's not just me, or me and my wife, who is affected by this. It's clearly a systemic problem.

Last edited by Geordie405; Mar 29, 2023 at 11:49 am
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
The BA agent I spoke to said that if we had the voucher numbers they could easily reinstate them.
Fortunately I have a screenshot with the voucher numbers, so will give them a call tomorrow morning and see if can get them reinstated. Thanks for checking!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, MLife Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Me too!
Just looked at my account and the list is a lot shorter than a few days ago, then called GGL, and found this page whilst talking to them. At first they said I used a GUF2 and GUF1 recently and that is why, until I explained that there was more besides those and that others had raised it on here,
Message gone to back office and told to allow 7-10 days. I think I am 3 or 4 missing at least one of which was a GUF2.

Screenshots going forward!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:31 pm

There was an internal email to staff yesterday re GUF vouchers. Apparently some vouchers were issued in error (in duplicate). The duplicate ones have now been removed from the attached BAEC account if not used. If the vouchers had otherwise already been used/extended/reissued then the erroneously issued vouchers will remain valid and not impact bookings where they have been used.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jameslon
There was an internal email to staff yesterday re GUF vouchers. Apparently some vouchers were issued in error (in duplicate). The duplicate ones have now been removed from the attached BAEC aacount if not used. If the vouchers had otherwise already been used/extended/reissued then the erroneously issued vouchers will remain valid and not impact bookings where they have been used.
mine were not duplicates though.

to be clear, that note is garbage. They were not duplicates of anything. At no point do you get 3xGUF1s. These GUFs were given for a specific reason to a number of GGLs, and now several months later some other person at BA has decided they shouldn’t have done and just removed them. Absolutely no communication either.

This is a complete s***show from BA. This is, in my opinion, yet another example of a dysfunctional organisation that seems to be going out of its way to p*** off it’s regulars.

sorry, sweary KARFA is making an appearance this evening.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 29, 2023 at 12:48 pm
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards

to be clear, that note is garbage. They were not duplicates of anything. At no point do you get 3xGUF1s. These GUFs were given for a specific reason to a number of GGLs, and now several months later some other person at BA has decided they shouldn’t have done and just removed them. Absolutely no communication either.

This is a complete s***show from BA. This is, in my opinion, yet another example of a dysfunctional organisation that seems to be going out of its way to p*** off it’s regulars.

I agree, I will put in my and Mrs firstlights claim tomorrow to ggl when I return to the UK, i think we are down 2 guf 1s and a single guf 1 respectively. I do know when mine and hers were issued but not the numbers.

I did see someone on the friendly fb group recently decided to phone BA as they thought they had received a guf 2 'in error'...
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Feeling rather smug that I judiciously used the last of my GUFs last weekend and I’m now thankfully not caught up in GUFgate.

Re duplicates: I got them to split a GUF2 into 2 GUF1s a while back. There was a day where both the outgoing GUF2 (now with 1 day to expiry) and the fresh GUF1s were both on my account. Had half a thought to try and make a booking to see if they’d exercise the expiring GUF2. But never bothered, probably more out of laziness than anything else.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc
... GUFgate...

I'll refer to the situation by that name tomorrow when I call the ggl team...
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I’ve just looked at our accounts, both SWMBO and myself each have several GUFs missing and they too were certainly not duplicates. Moreover two Amex 2for1s have also disappeared from my account.
Geordie405 and KARFA like this.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Mar 30, 2023 at 2:36 am
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It was my only GUF2, earned last year and kept aside to use with another one earned in Feb 23 (yet to be issued) for a future family trip.
I think I maybe remember to have seen a duplicate at some point few months ago, but it went away quickly.

Problem is, I never thought to screenshot the GUF reference or write down somewhere its number...
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Any further update from ba about gufgate?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
2 x GUF1’s missing on my account - I’ll await more updates on this thread given BA back-office have had enough calls on this to now understand there is an issue.

Pilot37
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:22 am

I sent an email about it this morning. We'll see what they will reply.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
I sent an email about it this morning. We'll see what they will reply.
I checked and I just have 2 guf1s missing, mrs firstlight used all of hers.

I also just sent an email to keep the phone lines free for those trying to rebook / change flights.

I'm sure this is down the list of BA priorities - so has anyone received an answer about GUFgate yet?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:30 am

I received a reply. Basically it was: "sorry for the issue, we are aware of it, your details has been sent to the loyalty team"
We'll see how long it will take to fix it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.