Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding GUF2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
If I book an Avios ticket with 2xGUF1, but then cancel it in the future, will both vouchers return to account (assuming they're still in date)?

Just contemplating booking a summertime trip with the option of cancelling it later down the line...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Yes, they will. I just cancelled a booking I made a few months ago using avios and GUF2 and the voucher was re credited to my account immediately.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:44 am

GUF2 split

Hello all, can anyone shed some light on the possibility of splitting GUF2 into two GUF1. Ba gold line not really knowledgable about that... thanks a lot.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
If am not mistaken, it's very clear from ba.com that GUF2 cannot be split. Applies to just one booking containing up to 2 pax (can be one or two) on a single one time booking.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kassakm
Hello all, can anyone shed some light on the possibility of splitting GUF2 into two GUF1. Ba gold line not really knowledgable about that... thanks a lot.
Unfortunately the GUF2 awarded at 2500 TPs cannot be split. You can use it on a booking for 1 or 2 people.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When you hit 3500 you will receive 2xGUF1. Maybe that is the confusion. The GUF2 cannot be made into two GUF1s. However you can use the GUF2 for a single booking.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I am wondering if somebody could help me with my GUF2 booking challenge ;-)
I would like to book a flight AMS-SFO return in Club World and use my GUF2 voucher to upgrade to First class. A class is available.
The trip is bookable in Club World on the BA website for a very good price, however my travel agent (Propeller) does not see this particular price and quotes a much higher price (saying that the low price is only available in the "Netherlands POS" which they don't have access to).
Unfortunately, there is no more award availability, so I cannot apply the voucher myself - I have to use a travel agent.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am grateful for any recommendations on how to proceed! Thank you!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
BA has recently introduced some ‘private’ fares that can only be booked via BA. That being the case, if this is one of those fares then no travel agent will be able to see it and book it, which does limit your options, I’m afraid.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I am wondering if somebody could help me with my GUF2 booking challenge ;-)
I would like to book a flight AMS-SFO return in Club World and use my GUF2 voucher to upgrade to First class. A class is available.
The trip is bookable in Club World on the BA website for a very good price, however my travel agent (Propeller) does not see this particular price and quotes a much higher price (saying that the low price is only available in the "Netherlands POS" which they don't have access to).
Unfortunately, there is no more award availability, so I cannot apply the voucher myself - I have to use a travel agent.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am grateful for any recommendations on how to proceed! Thank you!
i has that on a fare i was booking via Propellar last summer (for travel later this year). Same issue as the fare was locked to a Netherlands POS and Propellar can’t access that. I did find an equivalent fare from DUB that they could access so all good in the end.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:02 am
Suspended

delete

Last edited by AUHDXB; Jan 9, 2019 at 3:08 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Got a question on the use of a GUF2

Am I able to book a mixed cabin award using Avios (on 1 ticket)? And would it then be possible to upgrade using the GUF?

i.e. TLV - LHR (Y avios) connecting to LHR - HKG (J avios)? Then apply the GUF?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Got a question on the use of a GUF2

Am I able to book a mixed cabin award using Avios (on 1 ticket)? And would it then be possible to upgrade using the GUF?

i.e. TLV - LHR (Y avios) connecting to LHR - HKG (J avios)? Then apply the GUF?
yes that's fine. i think you may have to call to book it though.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:15 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Guessing this won’t be possible but can’t hurt to ask.

Is it possible to use a GUF2 to upgrade both people on a booking (or would it have to be two bookings?) where both are on the same outbound flights, but th return dates are different?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You would have two bookings. Therefore you would only be able to use the GUF on the outbound portion.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
You would have two bookings. Therefore you would only be able to use the GUF on the outbound portion.
Yes and that's only if you did one way bookings, so one booking covering both people outbound which you apply the GUF to, and two one way bookings for each person coming back neither of which the GUF would apply to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.