Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding GUF2

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes and thanks, Land-of-Miles, I am thinking of upgrading a J hotline booking to F. I am happy to check redemption availability, but suspect this is not a time to try to use my GGL joker to guarantee availability?

Has anyone had any experience?
Hotline are effectively "friends and family" so there is no real reason why you shouldn't be able to use a joker alongside them. I haven't tried this myself but would have no hesitation in doing so.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Hotline are effectively "friends and family" so there is no real reason why you shouldn't be able to use a joker alongside them. I haven't tried this myself but would have no hesitation in doing so.
Thanks.

If/when I do. I will report back.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Update

I wrote to GGL and this is the response:

'" Dear TravellerFrequently,

I am sorry but it is not possible to use Gold Upgrade for Two vouchers or Avios to upgrade a Hotline booking.

Regards
XXXX
British Airways Gold Guest List"
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

I wrote to GGL and this is the response:

'" Dear TravellerFrequently,

I am sorry but it is not possible to use Gold Upgrade for Two vouchers or Avios to upgrade a Hotline booking.

Regards
XXXX
British Airways Gold Guest List"
I wonder if this is part of the hotline T&C's, did they give any further explanation?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I wonder if this is part of the hotline T&C's, did they give any further explanation?
No, sadly that was the full text.

I will have a look at the hotline T&Cs and will probably find some reference. Will advise when I have checked.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:23 am

No, sadly that was the full text.

I will have a look at the hotline T&Cs and will probably find some reference. Will advise when I have checked.
This looks like the relevant section:

"2.2 Hotlines cannot be used in conjunction with hand baggage only fares, any Avios redemption programme, any other discount, discount coupon, voucher, promotion, or special offer (whether issued solely by BA or jointly with any other organisation), bonus, award or certificate unless it is a tactical promotion preapproved by Revenue Management.''
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This looks like the relevant section:

"2.2 Hotlines cannot be used in conjunction with hand baggage only fares, any Avios redemption programme, any other discount, discount coupon, voucher, promotion, or special offer (whether issued solely by BA or jointly with any other organisation), bonus, award or certificate unless it is a tactical promotion preapproved by Revenue Management.''
Ahhh.

Sometimes you can counter such clauses if they are not symmetrical with the conditions of the voucher etc. For instance I once successfully applied a 2-4-1 to a Gold double miles booking because there was nothing in the 2-4-1 T&C's that prevented this. However BA did change the T&C's quite rapidly thereafter
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone have a link to the current BA TA website with instructions on how a TA should apply the GUF2 to a booking?

Thanks

KF
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here you go

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-card-upgrade
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
GUF2 is definitely better used going into A class... also, if you book with a travel agent the original revenue inventory does not need to be available, just the final cabin booked - i.e. A, I or T. Same as is the case with doing a UUA at the time of booking
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL&CCR)
Guf2 & guf1

Hi

Is it possible to use a GUF2 and GUF1 together on 1 ticket - ie 3 people being upgraded?

Am looking to book a flight in Dec for 4 people - myself, mrs, child 1 (4yrs) and child 2 (1yr) from paid WT+ to CW (am assuming child 2 will upgrade automatically? but maybe I shouldn't assume that)

Should I try and use a travel agent directly to book us into I class (which is available on dates required) as there is no redemption availability (obviously!)?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Quin
Hi
Is it possible to use a GUF2 and GUF1 together on 1 ticket - ie 3 people being upgraded?
Yes it is.

Originally Posted by Quin
Should I try and use a travel agent directly to book us into I class (which is available on dates required) as there is no redemption availability (obviously!)?
Yes, that would be a good plan.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avm2806
GUF2 is definitely better used going into A class... also, if you book with a travel agent the original revenue inventory does not need to be available, just the final cabin booked - i.e. A, I or T. Same as is the case with doing a UUA at the time of booking
I have never been able to get a TA to make it work like this, there has always needed to be availability in the fare bucket paid for whenever I tried.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
Piggy-backing on the thread to ask if 2 GUF2s can be used on a flight. The scenario is a TA booked GUF2 upgrade from WT+ to an I class J LHR to LAX. We now have another GUF2. Could this be used to upgrade the upgraded J to F? Cost of normal J to LAX is much though not checked today.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chimambu
Piggy-backing on the thread to ask if 2 GUF2s can be used on a flight. The scenario is a TA booked GUF2 upgrade from WT+ to an I class J LHR to LAX. We now have another GUF2. Could this be used to upgrade the upgraded J to F? Cost of normal J to LAX is much though not checked today.
You are able to use 2 i.e. for 4 people but you cannot use 2 x GUF2 to do a 2 class upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.