Understanding GUF2

Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I am not sure I have seen the answer to this, and the TA who is booking my GUF2 is struggling with it at the moment.

If I use the GUF2 to upgrade from T (which permits changes for a fee), to I (which never allows changes) is my ability to make changes governed by the T or I rule ? I had assumed it was the T rule.
You have the right answer for the wrong reason.

The fare determines the change possibilities, not the single letter booking code. You cannot infer how flexible a flight will be from the booking code.

For instance, "I" fares not originating from the UK are usually flexible for a small penalty.

The underlying fare will determine the change possibilities, in this case whatever change provisions were attached to your T fare. You will still require availability in the "I" bucket on the new flight for the GUF to be applied onto the new flight.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I am not sure I have seen the answer to this, and the TA who is booking my GUF2 is struggling with it at the moment.

If I use the GUF2 to upgrade from T (which permits changes for a fee), to I (which never allows changes) is my ability to make changes governed by the T or I rule ? I had assumed it was the T rule.

The BA instructions to agents are a little ambiguous as they just refer to changes in accordance with the fare rules. This is easy when u/g from Y to T or D to A, as all those fare buckets allow changes for a fee. It is less clear where one of them does not (as with T to I).
In case anyone else stumbles on this, it has been confirmed by the GGL team that it is the T rules which apply to changes.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
FYI, with regards to the 'demise of Propeller' comment earlier in the thread - Propeller are still very much in business and have made quite a few bookings for me recently. They are currently dealing with a complex GUF booking and I'm expecting good things and a positive result ^
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
this being my first year using these vouchers i am a bit perplexed by the TP earnings and associated bonuses.

i just called the gold line and was told that "what you paid for is what you get for avios and TPs" meaning if i paid CW i get 140tp and WT+ 90tp etc.

is this correct?

i ask only bc on one booking i went CW to F both ways and on outbound received 140tp and return 210tp. was that an error on BAs part?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by VSLover
i ask only bc on one booking i went CW to F both ways and on outbound received 140tp and return 210tp. was that an error on BAs part?
If you used a GUF to go from CW to F you should receive the TPs for CW. You were the beneficiary of BA's poor IT systems if you received 210. I wouldn't suggest you call the gold line to ask for the other direction to be increased to 210!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
this being my first year using these vouchers i am a bit perplexed by the TP earnings and associated bonuses.

i just called the gold line and was told that "what you paid for is what you get for avios and TPs" meaning if i paid CW i get 140tp and WT+ 90tp etc.

is this correct?
Yes. With all non-cash upgrades (so UuA, GUF, or OpUp) you should only receive the TPs and avios based on teh underlying cash booking, not the cabin you were upgraded in to.

Yes it was.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
ha! thanks for the responses and luckily i asked the question to the rep before going on about the "mistakes" as the TPs are somewhat irrelevant for me this year. i was more concerned with the J/F avios bonus of 25k for each RT (and a lowly 7k for WT+).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:23 pm

If I want to travel First, and a sale is on with cheap I class club tickets, am I able to call a TA and get the First class return for the cost of the advertised I price?

Despite scouring this thread I still can't figure out the answer but apologies as I'm sure it's been asked somewhere (I just can't find it..)
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sphereo
If I want to travel First, and a sale is on with cheap I class club tickets, am I able to call a TA and get the First class return for the cost of the advertised I price?

Despite scouring this thread I still can't figure out the answer but apologies as I'm sure it's been asked somewhere (I just can't find it..)
If used at the time of booking through a TA you need A class revenue fare availability to use the GUF and take advantage of the I class fare you found.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Lufthansa , British Airways, IHG, Hilton, Marriott
Hi,

I'm a TA quickly learning about GUF. Could I ask a question.

How frequently do you earn GUF and GUF2?

Many thanks

Barry
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by bazza1603
Hi,

I'm a TA quickly learning about GUF. Could I ask a question.

How frequently do you earn GUF and GUF2?

Many thanks

Barry
Hi Barry, you'll find the details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ers-guide.html

1 GUF2 at 2,500 TPs
2 x GUF1 at 3,500 TPs

Then a choice of either joker, some Avios or another 2 x GUF1 at 7,000, 8,000 and 9,000 TPs.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Hi

Having suddenly expanded my BA flying considerably last year, I have found myself in possession of some GUF vouchers which I have just put to use on LHR>HKG>LHR in July (J>F), but I've a quick query as a newbie on this front.

I had originally upgraded just the outbound into F using avios, but decided to use a GUF and upgrade the return as well, so BA have refunded my avios and applied the upgrade.

MMB now shows me booked into F on the 2 legs, and the seat using avios availability are now available again for somebody else to use - is that normally the case?

My ticket has to be re-issued, so no ticket number on the mobile app yet (not that concerned), but just want to make sure the agent has managed the process correctly and the 2 F seats are actually mine?

Thanks

Pilot37
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Apologies if this was answered, new to this programme.

When do the GUF2's expire? Under "Your Gold Benefits" it says:

Gold Upgrade Voucher (1)
Gold Upgrade Voucher (2)

No expiry date... is it when the tier collection year ends? In "My eVouchers" they do not show up. Just got these a few week ago, and my year finishes next week!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by 47Chits
Apologies if this was answered, new to this programme.

When do the GUF2's expire? Under "Your Gold Benefits" it says:

Gold Upgrade Voucher (1)
Gold Upgrade Voucher (2)

No expiry date... is it when the tier collection year ends? In "My eVouchers" they do not show up. Just got these a few week ago, and my year finishes next week!
Under the My Executive Club section when you log in you should see
a section called My eVouchers. You should see your upgrade vouchers listed there with a Date Issued column and an Expiry Date column.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by golfmad
Under the My Executive Club section when you log in you should see
a section called My eVouchers. You should see your upgrade vouchers listed there with a Date Issued column and an Expiry Date column.
Many thanks!

Is it a problem if they are not in the eVoucher section? They should only have been there for about 10 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.