Terminal 3 BA First lounge

Old Jan 23, 14, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Terminal 3 BA First lounge

I'm flying out of T3 this weekend and haven't flown out of there for some time. I was wondering what changes if any have occurred since the linguistic haul ba operation moved out of T3. I'm gold and the flight is just after lunch 2pm and was hoping you could still choose food of a menu like the T5 gold lounge? If not are there any other one world lounges open at this time of day that anyone would recommend?

TIA
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:42 pm

Programs: Starbucks Rewards GOLD
Unfortunately It appears that BA closed down their T3 lounges as of this evening. You can still use the AA lounge though!
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Unfortunately It appears that BA closed down their T3 lounges as of this evening. You can still use the AA lounge though!
?

BA lounges at T3 are open as always.

My personal opinion, however, is that you turn left after coming through the duty free area making your way to the CX lounge area. You will have access to the first class lounge which has great armchairs with a view of the apron and 9L/27R departures/landings. Around noon you get to see some EK 380s park, if you are into that sort of thing. If food is what you are after, I recommend the prawn/pork wanton noodle soup. Much better than the BA F lounge IMO.

Last edited by LondonElite; Jan 23, 14 at 3:57 pm
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Really?? Are you serious? If so that's extremely disappointing. I'm starting to wonder what next with BA!?!
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Ah thanks!! I was starting to panic. It's a sign of the times I believed that for a a moment. I'd like to try Cathay too if you think it's better
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
It was the BA Twitterers who said there was no BA lounge in T3 and to use the AA one!

The lounge still exists.

The T3 F lounge continues to offer the ability to order food from a menu, I prefer it to the T5 lounge as it's so quiet.
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:54 pm
Suspended

As I said, BA lounges in T3 are open (I was just there this morning). But there are other options!
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
?

BA lounges at T3 are open as always.

My personal opinion, however, is that you turn left after coming through the duty free area and making your way to the CX lounge area. You will have access to the first class lounge which has great armchairs with a view of the apron and 9L/27R departures/landings. Around noon you get to see some EK 380s park, if you are into that sort of thing. If food is what you are after, I recommend the prawn/pork wanton noodle soup. Much better than the BA F lounge IMO.
Booze is better in the BA F lounge though, and it will be much quieter around that time. I was in the CX F lounge as well on Wed and found it disappointing compared to BA's

Danny - the lounge is still there, Mario was just referring to the tweet from BA (see the other T3 lounge thread)

There's still the menu to order from, as well as a buffet - there was an excellent pork belly dish the other night. There's a first class dining room too, but if think that's for if you're flying F on Qantas (or do they use the EK lounge now?) or ANA
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
Ah thanks!! I was starting to panic. It's a sign of the times I believed that for a a moment. I'd like to try Cathay too if you think it's better
Outside the CX departure times (and even then) it is usually very calm. If you are there around lunch you may have a few people who are on the daytime HKG departure. Fret not, the noodles make up for it.
Old Jan 23, 14, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
Booze is better in the BA F lounge though, and it will be much quieter around that time. I was in the CX F lounge as well on Wed and found it disappointing compared to BA's

Danny - the lounge is still there, Mario was just referring to the tweet from BA (see the other T3 lounge thread)

There's still the menu to order from, as well as a buffet - there was an excellent pork belly dish the other night. There's a first class dining room too, but if think that's for if you're flying F on Qantas (or do they use the EK lounge now?) or ANA
No buffet in the afternoon! Although I believe they can prepare items off it in addition to the menu. The reason there's no buffet is the lounge is so quiet.

I've tried all the lounges, but always see myself using the BA one when in T3.
Old Jan 23, 14, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by layz View Post
No buffet in the afternoon! Although I believe they can prepare items off it in addition to the menu. The reason there's no buffet is the lounge is so quiet.

I've tried all the lounges, but always see myself using the BA one when in T3.
Ah, didn't know that about the buffet (am an infrequent visitor to the dump that is T3) - cheers!
Old Jan 23, 14, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
There's a first class dining room too, but if think that's for if you're flying F on Qantas (or do they use the EK lounge now?) or ANA
The First Pre-Flight Dining area no longer offers a separate menu (as there are no BA longhaul flights from T3 currently). Any passenger within the Galleries First lounge can now choose to sit in this area and order from the main lounge menu.

Qantas still use the BA lounges. ANA use the No.1 Traveller lounge above the BA lounges.
Old Jan 23, 14, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks seems like if I can get there early enough it's a good idea to try both!! I assume the first menu is in BA is like the one in T5 galleries first? Burger and some pulled pork thing when I was there the other week. May try eating in the CX lounge and a drink or two in BA.
Not often I'm traveling and not working so want to make the most of it for a change
Old Jan 23, 14, 4:24 pm
Suspended

I'm sure you'll have a good time. I haven't been to the F lounge in T3 for about six months now so not sure about the burger situation, I don't recall that being much of a highlight before, but a few T10 and tonics will sort you out nicely either way.
Old Jan 23, 14, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
Thanks seems like if I can get there early enough it's a good idea to try both!! I assume the first menu is in BA is like the one in T5 galleries first?
Yes it is the same menu as T5 First, under the same management, and so anything you would have in T5 is also available in T3 (Twitter and linguistic hauls not withstanding). If you don't see what you want, just ask, the kitchen is between the buffet area and the dining area on the right hand side. They are very happy to cook you something to order.

Search this Thread