Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary taxi service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Originally Posted by seanp7
You can do all that regardless of carrier. If prices are the same, you have a point, but there's nothing stopping you spending 150GBP on Merc transfers outside of any ticket if buying F / J on BA is slightly cheaper than EK/EY/etc (which happens).
I know that. EK would have to be more than marginally more expensive than BA for me to choose the latter. It's more than the chauffeur drive. It's also things like the suites and the fabulous concourse A lounge.

(As it happens, I checked ba.com before booking my next flight on Emirates': BA was thousands of pounds more expensive.)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is there Any comp BA taxi / chauffeur service ?

Booked a Fare in F, usually take Uber but have a 100 mile journey to the Midlands.

Even a decent discount would be worth considering
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is there Any comp BA taxi / chauffeur service ?

Booked a Fare in F, usually take Uber but have a 100 mile journey to the Midlands.

Even a decent discount would be worth considering
Nope, sorry!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:15 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Only used the EK service once after arriving in F at Dubai. The driver was so bad and the experience so awful, I refused the return journey and made my own way back to the airport. VS has the advantage of being small enough to be able to offer the drive through check in, but the number of CW and F passengers BA carry would make this impossible.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have used the EK Service in the UK, UAE and India and it has been pretty decent.

Had some poor sometimes in the UAE i.e not calling phone or ringing doorbell when arriving.

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Only used the EK service once after arriving in F at Dubai. The driver was so bad and the experience so awful, I refused the return journey and made my own way back to the airport. VS has the advantage of being small enough to be able to offer the drive through check in, but the number of CW and F passengers BA carry would make this impossible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.