Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 319

Airbus A319 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A319 CEO (type 19A) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, there are 25 seat rows on the port (ABC) side and 23 rows on the starboard (DEF) side. The rear port side arrangement is shown in the bottom right diagram although from rows 23 and forward the arrangement mirrors what is shown on the starboard side. Other vital statistics such as knee room and window blank locations are also included.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Seating guide: Airbus A319

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisiest, quietest A319 seats in Club Europe and Euro Traveller.

BA’s A319 aircraft come in two configurations, the 19A based at London Heathrow and the M9A, based at Gatwick. The former is fitted with 143 B/E Aerospace Pinnacle seats whereas the latter is configured with 144 slimline seats which date back to the host aircraft’s original bmi ownership

MMB code 19A: G-EUPA G-EUPB G-EUPC G-EUPD G-EUPE G-EUPF G-EUPG G-EUPH G-EUPJ* G-EUPK G-EUPL G-EUPM G-EUPN G-EUPO G-EUPP G-EUPR G-EUPS G-EUPT G-EUPU G-EUPV G-EUPW G-EUPX G-EUPY G-EUPZ G-EUOA G-EUOB G-EUOC G-EUOD G-EUOE G-EUOF G-EUOG G-EOUH G-EUOI
* BA100 BEA heritage livery

MMB code M9A: G-DBCA G-DBCB G-DBCC G-DBCD G-DBCE G-DBCF G-DBCG G-DBCH G-DBCI G-DBCJ G-DBCK
former BD aircraft, configured 144CM

Related threads

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 6, 2023 at 1:15 pm Reason: General update
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:54 pm
Original Member

SO flying the 319 from MUC-LHR. The seat map shows row 5 with A & C seat - no B seat. Does this mean the B is blocked? Other choice is Exit Row Window. Thoughts as to which is better?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
On a convertible seat plane the B seat squishes in the first row of Y so it doesn't exist. A and C in this row are worth getting but if they expand the Club cabin further back you might get moved.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Member

Thanks - this whole set of seats (up to the exit row) had been blocked through today. Flight is this Friday - so i assume they may have done their work around what they are willing to sell - esp. since it shows J6 - and there are 6 seats available in rows 1-4.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: ASLEF
Flying on a domestic A319 on this coming Friday (20/06/14) up to ABZ on BA1316. I've just selected our 'backup' seats in row 9 (exit row) while I wait for rows 1-4 to open up circa-T-72.

Not that we need it, but does row 9 have extra leg room or any other benefits?
Would I be correct in assuming that row 8 doesn't recline because of the exit row behind?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes - quite a lot of extra legroom actually. Row 8 indeed doesn't recline.

If it gets subbed to an ex-bmi A319, then row 9 doesn't recline and row 10 is the exit - with even more extra legroom.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Thank you BA6501, I'll be checking every day for an equipment swap/rows 1-4 to open up. It's row 1 we're after I guess, but failing that, row 9 doesn't sound too bad.

Thank you again.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Row 9 is good for legroom, but comes with the responsibility associated with effectively being in charge of the emergency exit. Of course you're highly unlikely to need to use it, but you should be prepared to.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Genius1
Row 9 is good for legroom, but comes with the responsibility associated with effectively being in charge of the emergency exit. Of course you're highly unlikely to need to use it, but you should be prepared to.
I was letting ba.com give that warning
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
G-EUPG missing air vents row 6

G-EUPG missing air vents in row 6 both sides. Is this common for these 319 / 19B configurations with convertible seats?

I managed to bag 1st Y row C seat last Friday, which was 6C, but felt (only a little bit) uncomfortable due to no air vents (had a brisk walk from North Lounge to gate 15 to ensure I could make use of priority boarding to avoid any ohc issues, which there were when the rest boarded).

Doing a daytrip to London this Saturday to make up for missing points to requalify as Silver (and of course to visit yet another part of the lovely city). 'Premium' Y seating for both out and back opened up this afternoon, so I put myself in first row Y again, 6A... need to weigh the shoulder space comfort versus the air vent situation. (assuming the curtain does not move anymore, I know, I will check regularly)

1st world problems

Last edited by McBill; Jun 18, 2014 at 8:47 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Strange seatmap showing for my MAN-LHR flight next April. Listed as A319 but has exit rows at rows 9 and 10 ?? Has 23 rows of ABC DEF seating then row 24 is ABC only and row 25 is AB only.
It's also showing for other A319 flights the same day.
Any thoughts?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Sorry this must be the new 143 seat config. They just need to decide where the emergency exit is going ...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Sorry this must be the new 143 seat config. They just need to decide where the emergency exit is going ...
Is it possible the A319s are to be modified with two additional overwing exits, a la U2's
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:08 am

I recently booked a LHR-FCO flight on an A319 for next April. I paid for seat selection and got 10k which is supposed to be an exit row. Is this right? and will I be getting the extra legroom i'm hoping for?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Strange seatmap showing for my MAN-LHR flight next April. Listed as A319 but has exit rows at rows 9 and 10 ?? Has 23 rows of ABC DEF seating then row 24 is ABC only and row 25 is AB only.
It's also showing for other A319 flights the same day.
Any thoughts?
I just had a quick browse on BA.com trying to find the new A320/21 seat maps but have been unable to find any destinations served by anything other than an A319 or 767. My guess is they don't know yet which aircraft will be operating to where so have created a hybrid seating layout for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.