FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Airbus A319 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1543522-seating-guide-airbus-a319.html)

ukblue Jul 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Beware: avoid row 25 A319

I have just flown in 25B on the A319, the new row of seats where a toilet used to be. Avoid this row at all costs.
1. it has no window on this row
2. the seats do not recline but row 24 does, impeding on the already limited space
3. 25C has been removed allowing passengers waiting for the adjacent toilet to stand next to you as they wait - very nice!
4. the proximity of the toilet allows you hear most of what is going on in that toilet - yuk

I find these seats unacceptable for the prices BA are charging. At any price let alone Y class fares - these seats are the last ones allocated so if like me, you are the last person to buy a ticket you will get allocated them and pay the highest fare !
Thanks BA - what a treat and a clear signal to use Lufthansa more ;)

corporate-wage-slave Jul 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ukblue (Post 25122340)
I have just flown in 25B on the A319, the new row of seats where a toilet used to be. Avoid this row at all costs.

Photos here in post 2157 of the other thread on this topic - Certificate 15:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24095173-post2157.html

How did you end up in that seat? I hope it wasn't via an involuntary HBO arrangement?

ENTP Aug 10, 2015 4:07 am

Does anyone remember where the overhead screens are in the front part of ET? If I am to opt for the front row of ET (currently row 7) will I have a screen above or just the gap in the divider?

mikeyfly Aug 24, 2015 9:12 am

My aircraft for Thursday is listed as 19A - travelling Y (positioning!) and just moved to Row 10 - is this definitely Exit Row on this aircraft ?

corporate-wage-slave Aug 24, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 25319317)
My aircraft for Thursday is listed as 19A - travelling Y (positioning!) and just moved to Row 10 - is this definitely Exit Row on this aircraft ?

Yes, row 10 is the exit row. 19A is the standard new cabin A319:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-aircraft.html

And on thebasource.com seatplans it comes up under the 143 seat option. 19B are the remaining aircraft currently unconverted to the new cabin.

Pandora Spocks Jan 11, 2016 4:33 am

I'm flying with my partner LGW - FCO in March, economy, A319. The assigned seats were 9A and 9B, then 9D and 9E on the return, which we've changed to 10A / 10B as this appears to be an exit row.

Can you please help me understand how the seating works with Club Europe and Economy? I know that a certain number of rows have the middle B and E seats blocked out and that this number varies according to the amount of CE sold.

If BA automatically assigned us in row 9, am I right in thinking it's unlikely there'll be lots of CE seats sold and we'll be moved further back? Could we also be moved from row 10 for this reason, or is 9 rows the CE max? Would you recommend row 9, or are the B/E convertible seats less comfortable? Should we move our outward flights to row 10 as well, or are there disadvantages to this row?

Sorry, lots of questions. All advice gratefully accepted and apologies in advance if the answer to this is contained upthread and I've missed it.

Genius1 Jan 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pandora Spocks (Post 25998304)
Can you please help me understand how the seating works with Club Europe and Economy?

If BA automatically assigned us in row 9, am I right in thinking it's unlikely there'll be lots of CE seats sold and we'll be moved further back? Could we also be moved from row 10 for this reason, or is 9 rows the CE max? Would you recommend row 9, or are the B/E convertible seats less comfortable? Should we move our outward flights to row 10 as well, or are there disadvantages to this row?

Club Europe can go up to and include Row 8 on the A319. Row 9 is guaranteed to be Euro Traveller. Seats in Club Europe will have a table blocking the B and E seats in each row.

All seats are exactly the same (the seats throughout the aircraft don't 'convert' as such). The only difference on the A319 is that rows beyond the exit row have a seat pitch of 29", compared to at least 30" in the front part of the aircraft. ET seats also have less recline than CE.

Pandora Spocks Jan 18, 2016 1:50 am

Many thanks Genius1 - sounds like I was making it more complicated than it needed to be! I'll stick with where we are, and thanks again for the advice.

shefgab Jan 18, 2016 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 26013364)
Club Europe can go up to and include Row 8 on the A319. Row 9 is guaranteed to be Euro Traveller. Seats in Club Europe will have a table blocking the B and E seats in each row.

All seats are exactly the same (the seats throughout the aircraft don't 'convert' as such). The only difference on the A319 is that rows beyond the exit row have a seat pitch of 29", compared to at least 30" in the front part of the aircraft. ET seats also have less recline than CE.

Thats interesting to know. I was sat (briefly) in 10D yesterday, and noticed that the middle seat had the table, and the arm rests could be folded in. So there is a the capacity to use it as CE if BA wanted.

BA6501 Jan 18, 2016 6:54 am

I think that is only on ex-bmi A319s. The armrests don't fold in at all on 'mainline' BA aircraft anymore.

neofung Jan 27, 2016 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 26013364)

My flight to Germany on sat have row 10 as CE on an A319

neofung Jan 27, 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 25319361)
Yes, row 10 is the exit row. 19A is the standard new cabin A319:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-aircraft.html

And on thebasource.com seatplans it comes up under the 143 seat option. 19B are the remaining aircraft currently unconverted to the new cabin.

Does the extra legroom in row 4 of 19A still exits?

corporate-wage-slave Jan 27, 2016 8:44 am

Originally Posted by neofung (Post 26089340)
Does the extra legroom in row 4 of 19A still exits?

No, well it's fractionally more than some down the back, but essentially only row 1 and row 10 have any noticeable extra knee room. Row 10 has extra leg room too. Row 4 is now a standard row.

neofung Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26089371)
No, well it's fractionally more than some down the back, but essentially only row 1 and row 10 have any noticeable extra knee room. Row 10 has extra leg room too. Row 4 is now a standard row.

Is still thinking 1C or 10C/D for my sat flight. 1C basically is being served first and a better chance to choose meal but less leg room.

I had once experienced that on a flight from Geneva back to London in 2015, there were lamb and fish to choose from. On a 8 row CE, only one lamb was available!

corporate-wage-slave Jan 27, 2016 11:09 am

Originally Posted by neofung (Post 26090194)
Is still thinking 1C or 10C/D for my sat flight. 1C basically is being served first and a better chance to choose meal but less leg room.

I had once experienced that on a flight from Geneva back to London in 2015, there were lamb and fish to choose from. On a 8 row CE, only one lamb was available!

GVA has a lot of CE and yes the further back you sit, then fewer options become available. 1C has some good leg room into the aisle, you do need to keep awake to the possibility of trolleys and staff moving around. Ditto the backpack in face risk during boarding, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Personally I'd go for 1C.