Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 319

Airbus A319 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A319 CEO (type 19A) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, there are 25 seat rows on the port (ABC) side and 23 rows on the starboard (DEF) side. The rear port side arrangement is shown in the bottom right diagram although from rows 23 and forward the arrangement mirrors what is shown on the starboard side. Other vital statistics such as knee room and window blank locations are also included.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Tough call - do they always release rows 5 onwards from T-72, regardless of demand, and then adjust it only immediately prior to departure?
The location of the curtain can be adjusted at any time. It can happen before T-3d, and it can happen at any time between then and (pretty much) departure - and it can happen numerous times for any individual flight.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Off to AMS for a day return tomorrow with both flights on A319 in CE. At present for row 1, only 1a is taken on the outbound and all of row 1 available on the inbound. I assume that this is the best row/seats. Will be after a window.

Most bizarrely, on the outbound on most rows the aisle seats have been booked but the windows are available. (2/12 windows taken but 8/12 aisle) have a party booked these and hoping to bag some additional empty seat space if the flight is not full?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by madfish
Off to AMS for a day return tomorrow with both flights on A319 in CE. At present for row 1, only 1a is taken on the outbound and all of row 1 available on the inbound. I assume that this is the best row/seats. Will be after a window.
Row 1 is the best seat in Club Europe, it's the one I go for, but there are 2 points of which to be aware:

1) There is actually a bit less stretch-the-toes space in row 1, it's up against the bulkhead. Seat 1C can stretch into the aisle, if you watch out for the crew's movements. There is a lot more knee space, and more personal space generally without the seat in front. But strictly speaking there is more leg room, at toe level, in other seats.

2) Space above the seat in the locker is limited, so your bag may end up a row or two behind. I've rarely had much of a problem but other FTers seem to.

As for window versus aisle, on those short hop journeys, with a lot of regulars on them, many/most passenger would prefer aisle seats. There isn't much to look at, apart perhaps from the turbines of the London Array, so I can well imagine most people wanting the aisle seat in order to get off quickly. So I don't personally think what you are seeing is strange, it's even more marked on domestic services.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thank you C-W-S.

This is what I was seeing earlier today.

Will know in a short while if OLCI opens and I can select my seat.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by madfish
Will know in a short while if OLCI opens and I can select my seat.
Well try to get 1F, it won't matter if you recline your seat if 2F is clear. If not try for 6F, since anyone still after an aisle will probably try to get 5D. It wouldn't surprise me if CE is given another row or two in this scenario, particularly if ET can be squashed/seat shifted to fit.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Trying to figure out the best ET seats on the A320 (outbound) and A319 (inbound) LGW-RAK is making my head swim. There are too many congifurations. Anyway, using the MMB seat maps I have put us in Exit rows. One flight has two consecutive Exit rows so I have put us on the rear of those two rows. Both flights are E and F. Sound OK or have I made a booboo?

It is so much easier booking on a 747/ 777. I am not usually fussed on most short haul flights but this is 3 1/2 hours and my legs are older than they were!

Last edited by MaximusDecimusMeridius; Jan 25, 2015 at 7:10 am Reason: to input the correct airport code!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Lgw-mad is less than two hours usually. Book the rear most exit row and you should end up in one or other exit exit row on the A320.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDecimusMeridius
One flight has two consecutive Exit rows so I have put us on the rear of those two rows. Both flights are E and F. Sound OK or have I made a booboo?
Yes, this should be OK, but are you sure it's from LGW? Is this an indirect Vueling flight?

Assuming you are somehow on BA metal, then you want to check at T-72 hours since the equipment allocation happens then, and then you can use thebasource.com to check the real exit locations.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Thank you, but my mistake, I am going to RAK not MAD!

I had been looking at flights to MAD just before I posted. I was never that good with TLAs (three letter acronyms). Apologies.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Question Best Seats on an A319

Hi,

Was wondering if any of the FF amongst you might know as to where the best seat in Euro Traveller on an A319, behind the wing might be, aligned with a window and tv screen?

Cheers as ever

londonba2014
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Behind the wing, all seats are pretty much the same (although avoid the last few rows). I would get as far forward as possible.

TVs don't show anything other than the safety demonstration and the moving map.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi,

Was wondering if any of the FF amongst you might know as to where the best seat in Euro Traveller on an A319, behind the wing might be, aligned with a window and tv screen?

Cheers as ever

londonba2014
You can see the TV drop downs from all seats. (Ex bmi aircraft don't have them though)

As for window alignment, it depends on the config. There are three configs out there at the moment!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
You can see the TV drop downs from all seats. (Ex bmi aircraft don't have them though)

As for window alignment, it depends on the config. There are three configs out there at the moment!
I know, BA are not exactly making it easy with all of these different configurations!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:29 am

Hi,
Sorry, new to this thread. I am trying to find out the best seats in ET behind the wing on an A319 and was wondering if the 19B and 19C in the seat plan at the top of P1, represented the best seats on the aircraft? (due to the fact it is above the plan)

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi,
Sorry, new to this thread. I am trying to find out the best seats in ET behind the wing on an A319 and was wondering if the 19B and 19C in the seat plan at the top of P1, represented the best seats on the aircraft? (due to the fact it is above the plan)

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but thanks!
The 19B and 19C on the diagram refer to BA's internal code for the LHR-based G-EU** A319 aircraft, that are still in the old CY132 configuration.

These aircraft are becoming 19A, due to the fitting of the new cabin (that is configured CY143).

The seats behind the wing are all much of a muchness in the old configuration (the story is different in the new config.)- but row 19 is as good as any other, especially for window views. The best seats if you're in ET are probably the overwing exit row.

You can find out which aircraft configuration you'll be on about lunchtime, 3 days before your flight. At that point, the aircraft code will change on the select a seat page from A319 to either 19A, 19B, or 19C (as a specific aircraft is allocated to your flight at that time).

Last edited by GSTBK; Feb 3, 2015 at 10:21 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.