FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Airbus A319 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1543522-seating-guide-airbus-a319.html)

ttama May 9, 2018 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by kwisstan (Post 29734950)
If I can't get an exit row, I go for 25B. It's a row of 2. You get off the plane last (or first if there is a rear stair). There isn't a window, but that suits me. Theoretical seating has given me both seats to myself the last few times. Just watch out for plane changes, got caught being too busy and stuck inside true 25b middle seat.

I looked at the 25's, and might give them a go. However I've flown my 4 BA flights now (and reached 600 tier points by flying QR), so I don't need to fly BA short haul for another couple of years. BA's seats give me numb-arse; I'm becoming an ABBA (Anything But British Airways) in order to avoid these deeply uncomfortable planes.

mckvakk Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Is there any reason why row 8 on this aircraft cost £5 more than the rest to select seats in?

Both BA 761 and 768 on 12 and 22 september gives me the ability to book seats in DEF in row 8, but they are higher priced than any other seats except exit rows. Seats ABC are not available on either flight. Are these special seats of some sort?

I'm not paying to select seats for such short flights, but it would be good to know in case they are available at checkin. I usually go for the first available A seat.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by mckvakk (Post 29967296)
I'm not paying to select seats for such short flights, but it would be good to know in case they are available at checkin. I usually go for the first available A seat.

I think you've worked out the reason in the last sentence, plus the fact that Gold cardholders would also be eyeing up this row. Note that this would be at risk of curtain roulette, so another reason not to pay for it.

nivsy Oct 26, 2018 8:13 am

On the aircraft config map for my flight in Jan to ZRH it shows rows 10 and 11 on aircraft left hand side as row of two only. Assuming an error on BA? Aircraft type showing as 25 rows for A319. Bit confused!

Stripe Oct 31, 2018 3:38 pm

I am in 1C on a flight in CE and my wife (on a different PNR and only a OW Sapphire) is currently in 2C. I have tried twice via phone to get her moved up to 1A, which is still open, but both times all the agent can do is put a request into the seating department. Nothing changes, and it's been over a week since the last request. Is there a point prior to departure when the seat will open up for her to assign to online? Flight is next Wednesday.

Frequentflyer99 Nov 22, 2018 2:51 am

Flying LGW-AGP in ET next week, and just checking whether when row 10 is the exit row, there is lots of extra leg room or just a few more inches.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 22, 2018 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 (Post 30455582)
Flying LGW-AGP in ET next week, and just checking whether when row 10 is the exit row, there is lots of extra leg room or just a few more inches.

There is certainly more leg and knee room, a regular A319 user will notice it. A non regular A319 user typically doesn't notice this, you need to look at the row for a few seconds to realise there is extra space. It's about 5 cm extra.

InsomniaBA Jan 24, 2019 8:22 am

Hi.
Flying AMS-LGW (BA2763) in the A319 next monday. Can anyone tell me if the front row seats in CE have the tray table in the armrest or against the wall in front of you. I've always found having the tray table in the arm rest a bit restraining (mainly on me for being a fat f*ck). I've flown this route so many times, but having the front rows available to me now as gold and now I can't remember it. Anyone can help me out?

Thanks!

KARFA Jan 24, 2019 9:18 am

Originally Posted by InsomniaBA (Post 30694764)
Hi.
Flying AMS-LGW (BA2763) in the A319 next monday. Can anyone tell me if the front row seats in CE have the tray table in the armrest or against the wall in front of you. I've always found having the tray table in the arm rest a bit restraining (mainly on me for being a fat f*ck). I've flown this route so many times, but having the front rows available to me now as gold and now I can't remember it. Anyone can help me out?

Thanks!

depends which A319 you get. At LGW some of the A319s (the exBMI ones I think) have tray tables on the bulkhead in front of you, whereas some have them in the armrest. You probably won't know until you are sat in AMS and checking on flightradar 24 which A319 is heading your way from LGW.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_v...=w1168-h779-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/R6...=w1168-h779-no

Dicksbits Apr 5, 2019 8:40 am

Hasn’t anyone seen this before in Club Europe?

I’ve seen this seating layout on a E190 out of LCY, but never a 319 out of Gatwick. Two rows? I always thought the minimum was 3, and that was as far forward as the Club curtain went ...? 🤔 Anyone with any insight...?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3353da76cc.png

Dicksbits Apr 5, 2019 8:44 am

No Club curtain

I did mention on another thread the other day (not strictly seating but related): there was no Club curtain on the 319 (G-DBCK) I flew out of Gatwick to Almeria on Weds 3rd April. Crew didn’t seem to know why:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...84cdf8689.jpeg

corporate-wage-slave Apr 5, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 30967949)
I’ve seen this seating layout on a E190 out of LCY, but never a 319 out of Gatwick. Two rows? I always thought the minimum was 3, and that was as far forward as the Club curtain went ...? �� Anyone with any insight...?

Rare but not unusual out of LGW. It could, of course, change..... There may well not be a curtain in place if it's that small a cabin. Some of BA's aircraft can't put the curtain in the right place or even at all, there needs to be a runner fitted. I would guess about 20% of LGW - and 2% of LHR services - are curtainless. More usually we see complaints with wet-lease aircraft in this space.

Dicksbits Apr 5, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30968010)
I would guess about 20% of LGW - and 2% of LHR services - are curtainless.

I’m astonished by this relatively high figure ex-LGW. It’s hardly a ‘separate’ Club cabin with no curtain !

Dicksbits Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am

I flew back from Almeria to Gatwick yesterday afternoon (17 Apr) and upon approaching the aircraft realised to my dread that it was indeed the same ex-BMI 319 I had flown on 2 weeks previously with no central divider (G-DBCK). Upon boarding I noticed that the divider was physically back, but no curtain. I had a chat with the CSM in the galley mid-flight to try to understand if the crew knew why it wasn't there, and to point out that it can lead to queues down the Club cabin for the toilet from ET pax (as they're non-the-wiser that Club is actually a separate cabin. She agreed that it was an issue, and said what the crew try to do to minimise disruption to Club pax in such an event. She then whipped out her iPad. Upon searching she showed me an email entitled 'class dividers'. There are currently FIVE Gatwick short haul airbus aircraft with non-fully functioning class dividers in operation. 4 are 319 birds, the 5th is one of the Gatters 10 A320s. For the 319 K reg it actually said the bird had been 'extended to 10th June' without a proper divider.

BA had insisted on Twitter that I 'ask the crew' why there was no divider between Club Europe and Euro Traveller on BOTH the occasions I experienced it (two flights). The CSM seemed baffled by this and said "why would we know". However her guess was that they are often broken in part or fully by ground crew. Some outstation ground staff are less used to shifting it between flights and problems occur.

Later in the flight she came up to me and asked for my email address as she was awarding me 1,000 avios compensation - something I wasn't expecting. I was only having a chat out of curiosity: Not complaining! She said that another passenger had actually complained about it on this packed flight. There were just 3 rows of Club on this service. She did feel that if there's no central divider between classes its hard for BA to sell an experience based on a separate cabin.

For us geeks interesting all round!

Dicksbits Apr 18, 2019 9:21 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8f78e90989.jpg
Class divider back on G-DBCK but no curtain ! (yet!)