Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarkP24
For a family of 4 LHR to FCO, any suggestions on the optimal Club Europe seating an A320? I'm thinking of paying for the seats as the flight as down the road, I don't want to get stuck in rows 3 or 6 with no air vent, and I want to maximize room. I was thinking 4DF and 5DF as the DF side is supposed to better than the AC side, correct?
It's row 6 in some aircraft that have no air vent, I can see row 3 is in the wiki post marked as not having air vent but I don't think that's accurate (or it may be just one aircraft or something). Personally I wouldn't bother paying, it's not a long flight, and there is a fair chance of a switch to A319 or A321. If there are young children involved then you get seat selection before OLCI. DF and AC have identical room, the seats are bolted on to a lengthwise chassis so they are exactly the same distance apart. The only seats with more leg room are row 1 and the exit rows, which sometimes ends up in CE if ticket sales warrant it.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:38 am

For a family of 4 LHR to FCO, any suggestions on the optimal Club Europe seating an A320? I'm thinking of paying for the seats as the flight as down the road, I don't want to get stuck in rows 3 or 6 with no air vent, and I want to maximize room. I was thinking 4DF and 5DF as the DF side is supposed to better than the AC side, correct?

Alternatively, so we're all in the same row- 2AC and 2 DF.

Thoughts?
I agree with CWS I wouldn't be paying for comfort outside row 1 or the exits, but as a family of four I think it may be worth paying for the whole row together. That's something you're less likely to get if you wait until OLCI (although possible).

There is something nice about sitting as a row of 4 in CE where you can all see/smile/pull faces at each other across the aisle. Preferable to sitting 2 behind 2 in my opinion.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's row 6 in some aircraft that have no air vent, I can see row 3 is in the wiki post marked as not having air vent but I don't think that's accurate (or it may be just one aircraft or something). Personally I wouldn't bother paying, it's not a long flight, and there is a fair chance of a switch to A319 or A321. If there are young children involved then you get seat selection before OLCI. DF and AC have identical room, the seats are bolted on to a lengthwise chassis so they are exactly the same distance apart. The only seats with more leg room are row 1 and the exit rows, which sometimes ends up in CE if ticket sales warrant it.
That's very helpful. Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I agree with CWS I wouldn't be paying for comfort outside row 1 or the exits, but as a family of four I think it may be worth paying for the whole row together. That's something you're less likely to get if you wait until OLCI (although possible).

There is something nice about sitting as a row of 4 in CE where you can all see/smile/pull faces at each other across the aisle. Preferable to sitting 2 behind 2 in my opinion.
No really young kids. Teenagers, but I'm thinking it's worth the 20 pounds per ticket for row 5 and beyond or 23 pounds per ticket for the first several rows so we can have an entire row. Do they always start service from row 1 (it's not available but row 2 is)?

Do seat prices increase closer to the flight?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No really young kids. Teenagers, but I'm thinking it's worth the 20 pounds per ticket for row 5 and beyond or 23 pounds per ticket for the first several rows so we can have an entire row. Do they always start service from row 1 (it's not available but row 2 is)?

Do seat prices increase closer to the flight?
Service always starts from row 1, I've never been on a BA shorthaul flight where that was different. Row 1 will be kept for Golds/Emeralds, it may be released at a late point. Seat prices are at their lowest at the point of initial ticket purchase, they then typically go up if buying later on, they sometimes come down but are not supposed to go below that initial price. The most usual scenario at OLCI that thanks to Theoretical Seating you will be offered a block together, particularly if you are on a reservation with an earlier sector (since you can check in earlier than point to point passengers) but it can't be guaranteed without payment, and it is more likely to be towards the back of the cabin - the curtain will be pushed back in line with CE sales. If it really isn't the end of the world if the teenagers are a row or two away from the parents then I would point out that 20 x 4 buys a lot of pizza.
calpelion likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:43 am

If it really isn't the end of the world if the teenagers are a row or two away from the parents then I would point out that 20 x 4 buys a lot of pizza.
Yup, and if choosing to stump up then I'd say might as well go for row 2 which is then very near 100 for the privilege. Whether that's worth it is very much a question for OP.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Yup, and if choosing to stump up then I'd say might as well go for row 2 which is then very near 100 for the privilege. Whether that's worth it is very much a question for OP.
Service always starts from row 1, I've never been on a BA shorthaul flight where that was different. Row 1 will be kept for Golds/Emeralds, it may be released at a late point. Seat prices are at their lowest at the point of initial ticket purchase, they then typically go up if buying later on, they sometimes come down but are not supposed to go below that initial price. The most usual scenario at OLCI that thanks to Theoretical Seating you will be offered a block together, particularly if you are on a reservation with an earlier sector (since you can check in earlier than point to point passengers) but it can't be guaranteed without payment, and it is more likely to be towards the back of the cabin - the curtain will be pushed back in line with CE sales. If it really isn't the end of the world if the teenagers are a row or two away from the parents then I would point out that 20 x 4 buys a lot of pizza.
OK. Thank you both. On a 2.5 hour flight where we'll be on the plane for at least 3 hours, I think in the scheme of things it's probably worth it.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:19 pm

OK. Thank you both. On a 2.5 hour flight where we'll be on the plane for at least 3 hours, I think in the scheme of things it's probably worth it.
I know this is a bit HeadforPoint-ish [however I have no personal stake in this] but given your Delta status, it may be worth seeing if you can get AA Gold (oneworld Ruby) status, either via some challenge or something like this:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...old-status.jsp
which gives seat selection for free on BA 7 days before the flight.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I am booked to do LHR >> IST next month on one of these drab beasts (really going to miss the 767).

I assume, at 4h, that it's not THE longest, but it is possibly amongst the longer sectors these serve. Any bright spots? No chance it gets swapped for some snazzy ex BMI bus I suppose???
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Are the A320/1neo seatmaps online yet? I cant see them on the seating Wiki.

My next A320 is to BCN on a 320neo inbound. I suppose it doesnt make much difference in CE anyway - other than the enhanced table.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:44 am

Hi all,

I've got my TP run to Catania tomorrow. As someone who usually wouldn't pay for CE, I have my first chance to sit in Row 1 on a G-GAT (i think) configured A320 since the demise of domestic on my regular Belfast route.

Before the masses can check in later today, I can choose from 1D or 1F, I'm inclined to take F due to the window, but as someone who is quite tall (6.4"), would 1D be better? Basically can I practically/comfortably stick my feet alongside the bulkhead or will they just be in the way of the crew and mean I'm contorted sideways?

Cheers and have a good weekend!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Joshm300

I'm inclined to take F due to the window, but as someone who is quite tall (6.4"), would 1D be better? Basically can I practically/comfortably stick my feet alongside the bulkhead or will they just be in the way of the crew and mean I'm contorted sideways?
If I was you I would get any Row 1 you can. Its impractical and probably a safety issue to have your legs in the aisle. The benefit of F is that you can lift the arm rest, sit slightly askew and use the fuselage a bit, although the legroom is reasonably good. Saying that, it doesn't allow you to stretch out your legs like in the exit rows. To me CE is not worth it if aside from row 1, and I would personally prefer to travel in the Exit rows as the leg room is excellent.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Not a GAT

Originally Posted by Joshm300
Hi all,

I've got my TP run to Catania tomorrow. As someone who usually wouldn't pay for CE, I have my first chance to sit in Row 1 on a G-GAT (i think) configured A320 since the demise of domestic on my regular Belfast route.

Before the masses can check in later today, I can choose from 1D or 1F, I'm inclined to take F due to the window, but as someone who is quite tall (6.4"), would 1D be better? Basically can I practically/comfortably stick my feet alongside the bulkhead or will they just be in the way of the crew and mean I'm contorted sideways?

Cheers and have a good weekend!

Hi,
If there is a 1D and 1F then it definitely is not a GAT.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

I know this is a bit HeadforPoint-ish [however I have no personal stake in this] but given your Delta status, it may be worth seeing if you can get AA Gold (oneworld Ruby) status, either via some challenge or something like this:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...old-status.jsp
which gives seat selection for free on BA 7 days before the flight.
Thanks, but I don't think it's worth status matching just for this. I pulled the trigger and paid for the seats in row 2.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Is there any appreciable difference between 1A and 1F On the standard 20A layout? I'm guessing not really...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.