Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 7:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I too am flying LHR to ATH in CW. At the moment the bulkhead which we normally like is X'ed out but it gave us the option to buy seats in row 2 and 3. If I buy two seats in row 2 and the bulkhead eventually opens up ( before T72 hours) will I be able to switch at no charge?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:19 am

Flying LGW-GIB on Monday. Row 1A & 1C just became available, so 1A it is. Wasnt going go bother, however Im tall so a bit more leg room and getting watered and fed first is a nice plus.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:34 am

Does anyone know if their is a bulkead on LGW BA based A320s (row 1 A&C) these days.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by calpelion
Does anyone know if their is a bulkead on LGW BA based A320s (row 1 A&C) these days.
The ten or so exWizz A20s dont BA a bulkhead on the 1a-c side, all others do. You can tell which they are as they have a G-GATx registration and the seat map shows no 1d-f seat.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

The ten or so exWizz A20s dont BA a bulkhead on the 1a-c side, all others do. You can tell which they are as they have a G-GATx registration and the seat map shows no 1d-f seat.
Thanks i cant figure out if the seating plan is accurate or not, shows a bulkhead. I cant find anything as too type of A320 in the booking.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:53 am

Thanks i cant figure out if the seating plan is accurate or not, shows a bulkhead. I cant find anything as too type of A320 in the booking.
Ok, there won’t be anything in the aircraft type description. Basically if the seat plan shows a full row 1 (so a-c and d-f) there is a bulkhead, and if it only shows 1a-c, no 1d-f, and a full row 2, there won’t be a bulkhead in front of 1a-c.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:59 am

Ok, there won’t be anything in the aircraft type description. Basically if the seat plan shows a full row 1 (so a-c and d-f) there is a bulkhead, and if it only shows 1a-c, no 1d-f, and a full row 2, there won’t be a bulkhead in front of 1a-c.
Thanks i will see. I was just thinking if their is no bulkhead, 1A might be a bit tight for me with a door slide etc. Due to my height.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:03 am

Thanks i will see. I was just thinking if their is no bulkhead, 1A might be a bit tight for me with a door slide etc. Due to my height.
tbh the problem is even if it doesn’t have a bulkhead when you book as an exWizz A320-200 is scheduled there is still a possibility of it changing to another A320-200 which does have one by the time you fly. I does happen occasionally.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:09 am

tbh the problem is even if it doesn’t have a bulkhead when you book as an exWizz A320-200 is scheduled there is still a possibility of it changing to another A320-200 which does have one by the time you fly. I does happen occasionally.
flying on monday, so lets see, appreciate it.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:01 pm

G-MEDK had a bulk head, good flight.
Boyfrombiot and KARFA like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:10 am

G-EUUG bulkhead seat 1A, GIB-LGW, 13/06 comfortable flight.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Gatwick A320 query

The seating plan shows 1A/C but the first row on the D/F side is row 2. Are 1A/C the best option here or is 2D/F equivalent or better? They are all available to me at the moment.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
The seating plan shows 1A/C but the first row on the D/F side is row 2. Are 1A/C the best option here or is 2D/F equivalent or better? They are all available to me at the moment.
That is the G-GAT aircraft referenced above. so 2D and F have some of the best legroom in shorthaul, almost as good as the Embraer 190. 1A and 1C have even more, but there are crew right in front of you during take off and landing, so unless very, very tall you are best in 2DF
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Family of 4 A320 CE Seating

For a family of 4 LHR to FCO, any suggestions on the optimal Club Europe seating an A320? I'm thinking of paying for the seats as the flight as down the road, I don't want to get stuck in rows 3 or 6 with no air vent, and I want to maximize room. I was thinking 4DF and 5DF as the DF side is supposed to better than the AC side, correct?

Alternatively, so we're all in the same row- 2AC and 2 DF.

Thoughts?

Last edited by MarkP24; Sep 15, 2018 at 9:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.